PDA

View Full Version : Review: Blackfire Polymer Spray

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 11:48 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/cflackjr/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps79b99741.jpg
Manufacturer claims:
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray creates a long lasting shine with a high concentration of BLACKFIRE’s amazing tri-polymer Wet Diamond polymers. This spray-on paint sealant contains light cleaners to remove dust and smudges while reinforcing and extending existing paint protection. Use it over waxes or paint sealants to maintain a fresh, clean shine all the time! Each bottle of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray is packed with Wet Diamond polymers making this an excellent stand-alone sealant as well!

Blackfire Polymer Spray is one of my favorite post wash boosters. It really plays well over every LSP I have tried it over, but where it truly shines is when it’s applied to any Blackfire LSP. My car is currently wearing BWFD with layer of Crystal Seal. It’s very well protected but it hasn’t been topped up in a while. Perfect reason and opportunity to rip out Poly Spray.

Application is simple, simply spray a mist or two on the panel, and with your towel of choice(I opt for Gold Plush Jr) just gently massage the product into the paint and it will literally disappear. No buffing, no extra wipes, just spray wipe and watch it melt into the paint. It really adds tremendous gloss to the paint, and brings back the Blackfire look we all love so much to life!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/cflackjr/81a93cb2-2ddb-4e6f-a38b-de69b672e1fe_zpsc68b14e9.jpg

Creates an extremely slick surface for a spray wax/ spray polymer

Can be used as a QD, albeit I’ve never tried that.

Will extend the life of your LSP of choice. I have seen this in particular when used with other Blackfire LSP’s. It brings life back to the sealant, it creates such a slick surface it will aid in your next wash making dirt a little bit easier to get off. It works well on windows too, since it dries streak free, I’ve never noticed it cause any issues on my windows. I have DP Glass Coating on my windshield, and Poly Spray provides a little boost there as well, even though I did not need it, I do it anyway lol.

Can be used as a drying aid, or on a dry clean surface. I have had success with both methods, but I tend to always completely dry the car first then apply.

Price per application is great. I’ve had this bottle a year, and used it maybe 12-15 times and most of the bottle is still left. I’d say I easily have another 30 application, you use so little, its great!

Cons:
I don’t like the sprayer all too much, I transferred it to another bottle with a myst sprayer I like. This is not really a knock though, I do this with pretty much every product. I hate supplied bottles lol, the product is great, the bottle and sprayer, ehhhh.

512detail
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
first of all, very nice graphic over the plate-

i really like blackfire polymer spray
i used to be a zaino nut and i purcahsed some of this earlier in the year (to compare to z8 as they are about the same price) and i did not regret my purchase.

its a great way to refresh vehicles that have been previously detailed a few weeks ago, makes them look like they were just waxed again- and its very easy to apply as well
i have even had success applying it in the sun (not sure if thats recommended) but it worked

Bunky
11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the report. This is one I wanted to eventually try.

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
first of all, very nice graphic over the plate-

i really like blackfire polymer spray
i used to be a zaino nut and i purcahsed some of this earlier in the year (to compare to z8 as they are about the same price) and i did not regret my purchase.

its a great way to refresh vehicles that have been previously detailed a few weeks ago, makes them look like they were just waxed again- and its very easy to apply as well
i have even had success applying it in the sun (not sure if thats recommended) but it worked

Great thoughts! I`ve never tried it in the sun, but it doesn`t surprise me that something in the Blackfire line works outstanding in any conditions.

Thanks for the report. This is one I wanted to eventually try.

You must Al! It`s really worth it, plus the bottle will last a while.

mjlinane
11-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Nice review!

Ronkh
11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Been wanting to try this, and since it works as a drying agent, even more now

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice review!
Coming from you thats awesome! :)

Indeed you should, you really wont be dissappointed!:D

07gtcs
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
More great stuff in the BF Line. I don`t use mine as often as I used to since CS is so easy to use.

glfahlc1
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
love the stuff but would also like to get spray mist bottles. where did you purchase yours from.

wdmaccord
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM

Not really a drying agent. Best to use after the car is completely dry. Water will make it grabby.

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Not really a drying agent. Best to use after the car is completely dry. Water will make it grabby.

I`ve never experienced that personally, but I`m glad someone can chime in! That`s why I like reviews everyone has differing outcomes and opinions. :)

Perhaps water hardness or type of water perhaps plays a role?

rzatch
11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Nice review.

wdmaccord
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I`ve never experienced that personally, but I`m glad someone can chime in! That`s why I like reviews everyone has differing outcomes and opinions. :)

Perhaps water hardness or type of water perhaps plays a role?

That is possible...I do have hard water. I`ll just notice when I go around the back bumper in the trunk area where the drips seem to keep coming for about a day after a wash and I`ll pick up some water in that area and I feel the towel start to grab. Sometimes around the door edges too if I didn`t dry the jambs real good. I think if you read Todd`s original review, he says you want the car to be dry...or at least mostly dry (if I recall correctly...been a while since I read the review)

Either way, for me, I use it as my final step, so I am trying to get out any streaks left behind from drying and also restoring that slickness and a little bit of additional BF tri-polymers. :bigups

Pats300zx
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Excellent review !!!

cleanmycorolla
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
love the stuff but would also like to get spray mist bottles. where did you purchase yours from.

I purchased my spray bottles from chemical guys, their warehouse is about 20 min from my home in Pasadena. I pick them up at their store front! :)

Nice review.

Many thanks!

That is possible...I do have hard water. I`ll just notice when I go around the back bumper in the trunk area where the drips seem to keep coming for about a day after a wash and I`ll pick up some water in that area and I feel the towel start to grab. Sometimes around the door edges too if I didn`t dry the jambs real good. I think if you read Todd`s original review, he says you want the car to be dry...or at least mostly dry (if I recall correctly...been a while since I read the review)

Either way, for me, I use it as my final step, so I am trying to get out any streaks left behind from drying and also restoring that slickness and a little bit of additional BF tri-polymers. :bigups

I recall that thread and you`re correct, I guess chalk it up to water type and amount, as it all varies for all of us. At least we agree the product rocks! :rockon

Excellent review !!!

Thanks, same thing I think whenever I read one of yours! :)