PDA

View Full Version : New member from central CA

valleyrider
10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Been lurking for a bit and finally joined. I`m starting to get a good idea of things I`ll need to be able to start detailing my cars.

Learned so far that getting hung up on brand loyalty is a silly thing to do and most quality products out today are so well made they will give great results if used properly.

Things I`ll need:
DA Polisher - looking at the Griots 6"
compound - considering D300
polish - thinking PF2500 and SF4500
Sealant - Opti-coat 2.0 since both cars are outside and one is covered under a Noah cover at night

It seems Opti-coat will be the easiest to take care of and protect the vehicles longest. I know you dont need to top opti-coat with anything but for times when I want that extra boost of shine I`m thinking of getting some Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax for a little boost.

Wash - right now it seems pull a name from a bucket for a decent soap since they all seem good.

I have some Speed Shine right now that I use to remove dust as well as the microfiber towels they sell in the speed shine kit. I also have a pack of microfiber towels are not quite as plush as the speed shine towels but not as thin as a shop towel.

I`m still trying to do all my research first to learn as much as I can before diving in head first so please point me in the right direction if anything seems off or could be bettered in some way.

mjlinane
10-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Todd@RUPES
10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!! :yourrock

dc52nv
10-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Welcome to AF! I`m also in cencal. Where are you from?

valleyrider
10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Welcome to AF! I`m also in cencal. Where are you from?

Fresno, where are you located?

dc52nv
10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Fresno, where are you located?

Madera. Small world. :lol2:

tropicsteve
10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
welcome to AF. you`ve got some good choices for products. don`t forget to clay the surface too. :bigups

Orinda Auto Detail
10-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome to AF! I`m in the east bay and an authorized Opti Coat pro installer if you get stuck or need any tips!

valleyrider
10-22-2013, 08:02 PM
welcome to AF. you`ve got some good choices for products. don`t forget to clay the surface too. :bigups

No, cant forget the clay, although I did forget to mention it there.

Welcome to AF! I`m in the east bay and an authorized Opti Coat pro installer if you get stuck or need any tips!

I will take you up on that offer! Expect a pm for some tips.

Pats300zx
10-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Welcome !!!!

Bunky
10-23-2013, 06:05 AM
Welcome !!