PDA

View Full Version : car car v. personal care

Ronkh
10-13-2013, 09:43 AM
For more recent now members. You are about to find out, that most people here take better care of their cars than they do for their own personal care.....

personal shampoo = 32oz = $2.85 (Tresemme Tresemme Smooth Silky Shampoo
by TRESemme (amazon)
List Price: $5.49
Price: $2.85 ($0.09 / oz)

Car shampoo - 16 oz = $17.99 (BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo
16 oz. Item#: BF-100
Qty:
$17.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hair conditioner - 32oz = $2.85 tresemme conditioner amazon)

pb spray and gloss - 32 oz = $ 14.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

clay facial mask = $6.58 (freeman facial mask amazon)

Riccardo clay (yellow) and lube = $39.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

make up brushes 32 assorted = $14.20

Wheel woolie boars head brush (1 pc) = $34.99

Now don`t forget to add applicators, sealant, waxes, etc etc etc

And I am almost sure that we spend more on "towels" for car care than we do for our personal care

PPLd
10-13-2013, 11:10 AM
LOL have you ever compared the ladies` equivalent items?

tropicsteve
10-13-2013, 11:24 AM
that`s right ron, there are things that are necessary, and then there are things that are absolutely necessary.(detailing stuff of course):bigups

Ronkh
10-13-2013, 11:28 AM
that`s right ron, there are things that are necessary, and then there are things that are absolutely necessary.(detailing stuff of course):bigups

I was actually thinking when I retire stuff like ww drying towels, mebbe bring em in and use em after a shower.... :rofl

JSFM35X
10-13-2013, 11:36 AM
This has little to do with anything other than economies of scale. The universe of people buying shampoo is quite a bit large than those buying boutique car shampoo. The car chemical companies that serve the boutique market have to make it from a fraction of the population. Where the shampoo people can make a lower margin over a greater number of units sold.

Nothing more special or more expensive about car shampoo over personal shampoo. Not saying they are the same by any stretch. Just not more expensive.

I am in the chemical business and I am also a sucker for certain boutique products. Marketing works. Plus we need to support the people offering guideance a d forums like this. That ain`t cheap.

Todd@RUPES
10-14-2013, 08:06 AM
I guess I like my car better than myself! :)

Ronkh
10-14-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess I like my car better than myself! :)

as most of the membership here