PDA

View Full Version : Which Polish really leaves the glossiest finish?

Pages : [1] 2

The Driver
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
I know I`m probably going to get shot for starting this but which do you think leaves the best result for gloss and POST EXPERIENCE! I honestly haven`t used that many some megs 105/205 an some others but I consistently keep coming back to Menzerna. I started with Menzerna and it wasn`t easy to say the least, but to me the end result was always better than the rest.

Metallman56
10-09-2013, 06:55 PM
crap read the poll wrong, thought it said product, not polish. well cant change my vote now, for me it has to be m105/m205, sorry Megs

mrclean81
10-09-2013, 07:05 PM
To say there are variables would be an understatement, but I have several favorites that all produce massive gloss. Power Finish and 85RD both produce a very high gloss finish. If I`m going for blinding, Poorboys SSR2, and can darken the finish with Black Hole if I need to. Right now I`m loving CG V34 and V36. It took a while to get used to them, but they produce a really sharp reflective finish that I haven`t found in any other polish. There is a lot I haven`t got to try yet though. Reflect and the Blackfire polishes are next on my list.

The Driver
10-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Right now I`m loving CG V34 and V36. It took a while to get used to them, but they produce a really sharp reflective finish that I haven`t found in any other polish. There is a lot I haven`t got to try yet though. Reflect and the Blackfire polishes are next on my list.

I was really annoyed to the least with the 700 series from CG, those had absolutely no cut. Maybe I`ll give them a second shot with this V series. Their MF pads work incredible with the rupes.

Addicted2Bling
10-09-2013, 07:20 PM
It all depends on the paint and how you`re using it. I`m not a "Master" detailer, but I do have to say, Megs M105 and 205 makes me happy every time I use them. Poorboys if I`m out in DA SUN!

mrclean81
10-09-2013, 07:23 PM
The V series, especially V36, has very little cut. V34 does have better correction ability. Both do contain fillers though, so there are a lot of jobs I can`t use them on. I mainly use them on nice paint that I`m shooting for maximum gloss more than 100% correction.

The Driver
10-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Yea, if there`s one thing I`m against it`s fillers. I`ll use stuff like that on my own cars but thats about it, I just fell like I`m not being honest. Although I do use glaze (on some special cars), only when the paint is 100% corrected though.

Stokdgs
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish 4/6 for the win.... :) Stunning gloss, corrects really good, leaves paint "squeaky" clean, no dusting, you will use so fewer microfibers to wipe off, and no fillers...

Dan F

The Driver
10-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Damnit, ok I`m seriously ordering it tonight... Just before I friggin checked out he says this...

Restocks cart, Pulls out CC *shakes head*

Wheelzntoys
10-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I hear Carpro Reflect is real good, haven`t tried my bottle yet.

XxBoostinxX
10-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish 4/6 for the win.... :) Stunning gloss, corrects really good, leaves paint "squeaky" clean, no dusting, you will use so fewer microfibers to wipe off, and no fillers...

Dan F

+1! Absolutely LOVE Profiline!

XxBoostinxX
10-10-2013, 08:40 AM
I hear Carpro Reflect is real good, haven`t tried my bottle yet.

This one is on my next order for sure.

Ronkh
10-10-2013, 08:45 AM
For 95% of my stuff I use PB. I know how it works, I know what to expect, no surprises, and in FL it gives me what I need/want.

Rest of the time I end up using the "latest and greatest" and keep going back to my tried and true.

Swanicyouth
10-10-2013, 09:26 AM
I like Optimum polishes. Not the spray stuff, but the regular bottled stuff. I don`t know if it gives the best shine, too many variables for that. But, these polishes are about the easiest polishes to use. No dusting, and the Finish polish is awesome.

I have SF4500 (like it, but not as easy as Optimum Finish) and will be testing Rupes white cap finishing polish soon.

Orinda Auto Detail
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
For this being such a loaded question for variables I`m just gonna put this out there. That for almost an entire year at the shop no matter what car, what paint system. We were able to achieve stupid levels of gloss with only BF compound and polish. Tried true tested.... To give you an idea, imagine the amount of things that BF handled through the coarse of about $900,000 worth of car detailing. That to the tune of polishing maybe 100 cars a months a min. BLACK FIRE FTW!