PDA

View Full Version : Diluted ONR...

Lexi65
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
My detailer used diluted ONR on my windshield. Now my rain- sensing wipers
aren`t working. Any connection? Feedback please!

pwaug
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I use ONR on exterior windows all the time and never had a problem with the rain sensing wipers.

JSFM35X
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
None at all.

Lexi65
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I use ONR on exterior windows all the time and never had a problem with the rain sensing wipers.

Think it wasn`t raining very hard... Sprinkling and mess when trucks passing.
What say anybody?:rockon

Ronkh
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM

no

GearHead_1
10-04-2013, 09:22 PM
If there truly is a problem, I would suspect it is not related to any specific product. These systems typically use an optically mounted sensor located on the inside of the car (perhaps close to the rearview mirror) and therefore not capable of being touched by a product applied externally. These systems work by sensing reflected light so unless the windshield has had its optics changed I just can`t imagine how this could be a problem. Now window cleaner on the inside of the window could perhaps be an issue. Have the controls been set to off or readjusted (I know, that`s a silly question)? That said, I`ve been wrong before.

Todd@RUPES
10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
no

Would agree. I cannot imagine how ONR would cause a problem.

TroyScherer
10-07-2013, 09:09 AM

Question: If ONR which is a rinse-less car wash could effect your rain-sensing wipers, what would regular car wash do, or even dirt and bugs splattered on the windshield?

Simply based on this I would say that: No, ONR will not effect your rain-sensing wipers. I use ONR at time to wash windows and have never had any adverse effects.