PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer car shampoos or wash & wax shampoos?

Pages : [1] 2

Todd@RUPES
09-20-2013, 07:37 AM
When it comes time to wash your ride, to you prefer to use a soap that adds some type of wax element (whether it be carnauba based or polymer based)?

Does it depend?

Todd@RUPES
09-20-2013, 07:40 AM
I`m going with mostly wash and waxes. I like the idea of adding protection to the paint, and gloss, each time I wash. I figure that too much of a good thing is just about enough.

Keep in mind that my garage queen is maintained with BLACKFIRE system, so using any of the Wet Diamond washes (Conditioning Shampoo, Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash) is going to properly add protection to the BF line of protectants.

Bunky
09-20-2013, 07:50 AM
I tend to like regular shampoos:

Blackfire, AutoFinesse Lather, DDJ Born to be Mild, Adams, Optimum (not my top favorite any more)

I have others Pinnacle XMT, Meg`s Hyper Wash (need to use a few more times), Maxi-Suds (more like a diluted version of Adam`s), CG Wash Glass (no longer really like to use except on wheel area).

Ronkh
09-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Mostly regular. But when I was in CT in winter, sometimes I would use wash and wax for that little extra added protection and look.

mrclean81
09-20-2013, 08:26 AM
It depends on what I`m working on. If I know I`m going to be polishing, Ill use regular. If its a maintenance wash, Ill use a wash and wax.

PA DETAILER
09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
have MEGS HYPER WASH in the gallon. i see no need to really change. its a great soap. and does very well in the foam gun. i think as winter nears, or when you can sneak a winter wash in, a wash/wax product is great. two standouts that i have used are..

1. prima hydro wash
2. dodo juice born to be mild.

i have used all the foam gun washes. CG AND DP XTREEM FOAM. and to be truthfull, MEGS HYPER WASH just works.

TroyScherer
09-20-2013, 09:30 AM
My vote is 50/50.

On my truck that has OC Pro, I like using ONRWW, DG902, CG CW&G, 1Z Perls / EXCLUSIV GLOSS for the added gloss and slickness.

On the Jetta that has CQ, I like Hyperwash, CG CW&C, DDJ B2BM because they clean well but maintain the get properties of CQ, ReLoad, Hydro2.

On my car based on wax or sealant, I will use a combination of the soaps above. When first done a use a "clean" soap. But after a few weeks I will usually switch to a Gloss / Polymer soap.

Dogfather
09-21-2013, 03:10 AM
I was about to say regular. But since I always toss some Aquawax into the bucket, I suppose I`m a W&W guy.

Hernandez.Art13
09-21-2013, 04:37 AM
They do say that every paint is different. Then you have conditions and tools, etc...

glfahlc1
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I`m going with mostly wash and waxes. I like the idea of adding protection to the paint, and gloss, each time I wash. I figure that too much of a good thing is just about enough.

Keep in mind that my garage queen is maintained with BLACKFIRE system, so using any of the Wet Diamond washes (Conditioning Shampoo, Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash) is going to properly add protection to the BF line of protectants.

and this is why i just use regular shampoo. i also use all bf products on my rides

tropicsteve
09-21-2013, 02:00 PM
usually regular shampoos. spray waxes/polymers are quick and easy to use afterwards for maintenance.

skibik
09-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Since I have already went way overboard with the detail stuff I still stick with what I have been using for years, Turtle Wax Zip Wax. I can`t see buying $15 a pint or quart stuff when this stuff seems to clean really well. JMO.

Dean.

cleanmycorolla
09-22-2013, 06:18 PM
If I use shampoo, it`s Blackfire, CG CWG, or Optimum Car wash. However I rarely use those, so I`d say I use Rinseless products!

The Driver
09-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Wash & Sealant :D

Todd@RUPES
09-23-2013, 07:51 AM
If I use shampoo, it`s Blackfire, CG CWG, or Optimum Car wash. However I rarely use those, so I`d say I use Rinseless products!

What`s your rinseless of choice? After this poll runs its course, I will throw one up with the different washing options.