PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys by the Gallon

Pages : [1] 2

neoflex
09-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Not sure if this is in the right spot but it seemed like the best to me so my apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum. New guy here but not new to detailing. I have always been a creature of habit when it came to product but recently I got bitten by the bug again and started trying new things. I have taken a liking to some of the Chemical Guys stuff and have been ordering by the gallon as it`s just more economical. My problem lies in that their bottles always vary as far as how much they are filled unlike the Megs stuff I have used in the past. I noticed it but never payed it much mind until I got this order in yesterday as this is the first order where I got three separate gallons together. The difference is minimal but still bothers me a little bit as I feel I should always get what I am paying for and it seems what CG considers a gallon varies from bottle to bottle. Below is a pic of what came in yesterday. Again, not tremendous variation but variable nonetheless especially when you look at the QD compared to the Bare Bones. Anyone else notice this and have a problem with it? Not sure if it`s worth bringing up to CG and asking what`s up.
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq216/neoflexrnb/ChemicalGuysGallons_zpsf2a0bc67.jpg (http://s449.photobucket.com/user/neoflexrnb/media/ChemicalGuysGallons_zpsf2a0bc67.jpg.html)

Bunky
09-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Did you actually measure to see if you got less than 1 gallon in any container?

neoflex
09-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Honestly, I haven`t as I don`t have anything to use to properly measure without it becoming a major project. I was kind of hoping someone here would chime in and maybe mention with their stuff/bottles where the actual gallon fill line is supposed to be. If they were at least all the same I probably would have never payed it much attention but with a couple other bottles I noticed one was filled to just below the handle and the other was well into the handle. I wrote it off figuring maybe my memory was piss poor but now that I got three in one shipment it confirmed my initial feeling as these three all vary a bit. Again, not a huge difference but enough to make me ask the question.The Honey Dew and QD are barely noticeable that they vary but the Bare Bones was the red flag for me. Just as an FYI, none seemed to have leaked during transport as the packaging was free of product.

mrclean81
09-13-2013, 11:04 AM
That was my first thought..their lids on the gallon jugs don`t seal well imo. I`ve had several issues with them leaking during transport and especially later on when they are riding in my truck and one turns over.

Ronkh
09-13-2013, 11:52 AM
That was my first thought..their lids on the gallon jugs don`t seal well imo. I`ve had several issues with them leaking during transport and especially later on when they are riding in my truck and one turns over.

Similar to me. years ago I ordered bare bones from them. Leaked all in box on door step.
I called them, they said call the shipping co (ups I think)

never got it resolved

Simple solution = I DON`T BUY FROM THEM.

neoflex
09-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Similar to me. years ago I ordered bare bones from them. Leaked all in box on door step.
I called them, they said call the shipping co (ups I think)

never got it resolved

Simple solution = I DON`T BUY FROM THEM.

If that were the case I probably would have dealt with it and moved on but the packaging showed no signs of leaking. I am surprised that they solely rely on a cap rather than seal the bottle with some sort of seal like the foil that adheres to the opening. It`s not like their stuff is super cheap by any means. I decided to throw it on their Facebook wall and see if they reply. From your response and others in past threads I am not expecting them to acknowledge it. Not looking for anything for free as the difference is minimal but maybe it will help them tighten up the QC.

Ronkh
09-13-2013, 01:19 PM
If that were the case I probably would have dealt with it and moved on but the packaging showed no signs of leaking. I am surprised that they solely rely on a cap rather than seal the bottle with some sort of seal like the foil that adheres to the opening. It`s not like their stuff is super cheap by any means. I decided to throw it on their Facebook wall and see if they reply. From your response and others in past threads I am not expecting them to acknowledge it. Not looking for anything for free as the difference is minimal but maybe it will help them tighten up the QC.

all they really had to do, was make sure the cap was tight before shipping
(it was loose cap)
So IMHO - uncaring

AutopiaTech
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
It looks like you actually received more than 128 ounces for the middle and right gallon - the one farthest to the left is right where it should be.

miker2012
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM
I had 100 oz of a 128 oz jug of CG SPRAY AND WIPE spill all over my products ordered from an online retailer.... just happened today the box was soaked, my mf towels soaked and discolored... the cap (as others have mentioned) was not on correctly and/or popped off and and it spilled in transport.. postal company wrapped the whole box up in plastic to prevent any more leaking

I am awaiting reply from them, I will accept nothing less than a full replacement of the product spilled and full replacement of the towels.... I will ask next time that all my jugs are taped closed to prevent this

Ronkh
09-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Any large bottle from PBMG always comes tightened and taped, and one other retailer tightens caps as they are being shipped.

So it really urks me that people who could care less stay in business.

neoflex
09-13-2013, 02:56 PM
It looks like you actually received more than 128 ounces for the middle and right gallon - the one farthest to the left is right where it should be.

That`s good to know and I was hoping someone who had insight of where the actual gallon full line was would chime in. Thanks!

mnehls86
09-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I didn`t realize this was such a big problem with CG. In the un boxing thread XxBoostinxX said he had the same problem but that they took care of him. I guess I`m lucky I can avoid that trouble by being close enough to buy in person.

Ronkh
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I guess I`m lucky I can avoid that trouble by being close enough to buy in person.

They actually have nothing that terribly interests me. I can get better, better service, and less expensive from retailers who actually care.

mnehls86
09-13-2013, 05:15 PM
They actually have nothing that terribly interests me. I can get better, better service, and less expensive from retailers who actually care.

I actually like some of their stuff and it is nice being able to go somewhere local on a weekend other than a big box store if you need anything fast. I feel bad that some of you got bad service on the phone because the couple people I talked to at the shop in person were incredibly nice and personable. They were out of something I was looking for so they gave me the more expensive product for the same price. It was only a couple bucks but still a nice gesture. Maybe I`ll make a trip down there soon and point out to them that their phone customer service is crappy and tell them they need to seal this stuff up better OR ELSE :D

0inDetail0
09-14-2013, 05:16 AM
I but direct from CG all the time and never had any packing issues. The boxes are are always neat. 16oz bottles in plastic, gallon tops, MF`s in plastic bags, and air bags to keep it all in place. I buy mainly from 3 vendors CG is one of them. One of them ships late and packs there boxes like cr**. I bought a speed master pro brush and some other stuff. It was tossed in the box with brown paper. The bristles were mashed down and they did not ship my free sample sizes. I had one issue with CG, they shorted me a spray top on one order and a non CG product I bought was damaged inside the packaging of the product. I called them it shipped all next day.
If you call CG call the store line not the CS number. The store has the guys that know there stuff. Luckily I have a CSR`s email and number she has taken good care of me.