PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget!!!!

Todd@RUPES
09-11-2013, 06:52 AM
12 years ago today, I remember waking up to news reports that a plane had crashed into one of the twin towers. At first, it seemed like an accident. Then, I watched on tv as the other tower was impacted by a different plane. As that second hate-borne fireball erupted against the New York skyline I felt the an anger and a terror shared by millions of Americans and people across the globe... We were under attack and the security that we knew as a nation was gone forever.

12 years ago today, we were at our weakest moment but found strength in one common bond...We all discovered what it means to be American. A strong sense of unity rippled across this great land, from California to New England, from Texas to Michigan...

Forgetting what happened to those innocent victims means their sacrifice was in vain. Remembering the brave men and women of New York`s services, our military and our citizens is, in my opinion the best way to honor them.

9/11/01 - Never Forget

Evan.J
09-11-2013, 07:14 AM
We as Americans stand united thorugh the toughest of time and come out stronger.

I remember being in 9th grade in my first period class and hearing of the news. I remember our teachers trying to explain and under stand what was going on. On that day my mom was on a flight to philly that moring but I was unsure if she was ok at the time. I was lucky to find out later that day she had landed safely. It will be a day that will be burned into my mind for the rest of my life. Since that day this country has changed but we will forever be a strong country united as one.

I`m proud to be an American!

09/11/01 Never Forget

Lou Bunn
09-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I was at work, a co-worker stopped me in the hall and said he heard a plane hit the World Trade Center. I thought, ok, probably a little plane and the pilot had a medical issue. Then we started to get on the internet and see what was going on. I had this weird feeling, like it was Pearl Harbor all over again. I thought about my Dad, a WWII vet and what it must have been like when he heard the news. Later, the company brought in a TV to the break room and we all stood by and watched. I looked at a guy to my right, holy crap - our company president, he said, I was supposed to go to the White House tomorrow for a meeting, but everything is changed now. Yes sir, everything is.

Ronkh
09-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Many people have already forgotten the anguish of that time.

Too bad

tropicsteve
09-11-2013, 08:32 AM
i learned all i`ll ever need to know about islam on 9-11. thank you to those who go in harm`s way for us. God bless everyone who has suffered loss as a result.

GearHead_1
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Many people have already forgotten the anguish of that time.

Too bad

Not sure I ever will forget this day. I was on a business trip that day, about 5 miles from the towers. I could see the dust and smoke in the air. People in the hotel were simply crazy, they were scared. My partner and I were just trying to find a way to get out of the city to get home. Bridges and ferry`s shutting down. Rumors of bombs everywhere. Luckily we got the last car Hertz had at the airport, caught the last ferry that they let out of the city for the next several days and drove for 38 hours straight to get back to Utah. We could see the vacant skyline from the ferry. You don`t forget these kind of things.

Stokdgs
09-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Already mentioned this in morning prayer..
Dan F

daveinsweethome
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
a signature moment in any Americans life. Bless those we lost and hail all the veterans who protect us and our way of life.

Ronkh
09-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Here is a Emerg Manager that deserves to be fired

Massport apologizes for fire exercise at Logan

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said today that it was “just dumb” to hold a fire training exercise that released smoke on the airfield at Logan International Airport this morning, on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

“I didn’t know it was going to happen, and it’s just dumb,” Patrick said. “The timing could not be worse.”

Within hours, the Massachusetts Port Authority, which operates the airport, issued a statement apologizing for the timing of the exercise

Full story here

Massport apologizes for conducting fire training exercise at Logan Airport on 12th anniversary of Sept. 11 attacks - Metro - The Boston Globe (http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/09/11/massport-apologizes-for-conducting-fire-training-exercise-logan-airport-anniversary-sept-attacks/YFJq3M97j9l45vvWBCPnpL/story.html)

And their apology and mia culpa

“Massport apologizes for conducting the fire training exercise and understands that it may have offended many of those touched by the events of Sept. 11,” Massport said in a statement.

Twelve years ago this morning, two of the planes used in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks took off from Logan. The attacks claimed the lives of 206 people with ties to Massachusetts.

“Safety and security is our top priority and constant vigilance and readiness is critical, but the exercise should not have taken place on the anniversary of 9/11,” the Massport statement said.

“The airport community recognizes the day with moments of silence, a service in the chapel, and a wreath at the 9/11 memorial,” the statement said.

skibik
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
It is definitely a sad day to remember. I was at work on the shipping docks when the phone rang and a fellow night shift worker called and asked if I had heard about what had happened. I told him I heard it on the radio but dismissed it as an accident and a small plane. He said it was much more then that. Our lunch room has TV`s that are tuned into the news channel so I went upstairs to see what was going on and had seen them fall. I could not believe my eyes and what I was seeing. I had a hard time going back to work. It is just sad to me that there is that much hatred in the world.

Dean. :(