PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Finish....

bozack23
05-19-2004, 10:26 PM
just did an exterior detail on a silver Dodge Ram. when i was finished the paint looked spotty. i have noticed this on my car as well.(beige Accord) the paint on the Dodge was in fairly good shape just no shine. the steps i used was DACP with a DW849 at 1400 rpms. then topped with a sealer. it was a cloudy day and the pictures didn`t show the spots so i did not bother posting them. has anybody else ever experienced this on light colors. is it something i could be doing wrong?

Nickc0844
05-19-2004, 10:37 PM
That`s your problem right there, you need to step down DACP with a final polish like Meg`s #9. I personally would switch to a DA polisher if the paint isn`t in that bad of shape. Then top with a sealer and you should be good to go.

bozack23
05-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Thanks Nick. since the paint was not in that bad of shape should i have not used the DACP and if not what is a good product for finishes in good shape. i must have got some bad info where i bought the DACP. the guy told me that`s what i needed for a two step detail.(polish and seal)
plan on getting a DA polisher soon for these situations

awd330
05-20-2004, 12:08 AM
I would say that DACP is normally used in 3 (or more) step details. Nick is correct. DACP almost always requires a intermediate polishing step with a less abrasive product.

Nickc0844
05-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Bo,

It depends on your situation? Sounds like your a professional, so do you want to stick with the Meg`s line? If so, #9 would be a good choice, however, it does have some fillers, so that can be deceiving.

If you looking for a good "final" polish, or a polish used for cars in good shape, try the following:

-Adam`s Polishes Revive--actually has some kick in it too, but leaves a super shine
-Poorboy`s SSR1 (wet look) or Pro Polish (also has some kick)
-Hi-Temp`s Light Cut
-Wolfgang`s Pre Wax Polish Enhancer