PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your vigilance against the SPAM attack this morning.

Todd@RUPES
08-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Apparently SPAMMERS are getting smart, using real email addresses and USA-borne IP addresses. Thank you for the slew of emails and reported posts which are sadly necessary to keep AF running smoothly. AF has always had a very strong self-policing presence which I love. It is great that you guys care enough about this place to claim a little bit of it as your own and stand guard against the evil spammers.

tropicsteve
08-27-2013, 08:02 AM
if folks don`t know it, you can report these by clicking on the the red box with "r" inside located in the upper right hand corner of the post.:bigups

Mr. Gloss
08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I would rather be given permission to use my own "nuke" software. :)

Ronkh
08-27-2013, 09:33 AM
cudda used this stuff...................................

Scholl Concepts Spam Universal Cleaner (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/scholl-concepts-spam.html)

Todd@RUPES
08-27-2013, 10:16 AM

Scholl Concepts Spam Universal Cleaner (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/scholl-concepts-spam.html)

lol!

Merlin
08-27-2013, 10:18 AM

Good Call!

juliom2
08-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Nothing like a detailing site, nicely detailed.
Spam free forum!!!!!

Lou Bunn
08-28-2013, 06:54 AM
I just don`t get the reason for this, I mean, as soon as it`s posted, somebody reports it and boom - banned and post deleted. So what does the spammer get out of all of this? Help - I`m not that www dot savey on this stuff...

sprocketser
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
It happened to the sister site also lately , it sux big time .

Todd@RUPES
08-29-2013, 06:59 AM
I just don`t get the reason for this, I mean, as soon as it`s posted, somebody reports it and boom - banned and post deleted. So what does the spammer get out of all of this? Help - I`m not that www dot savey on this stuff...

Mostly third-world countries who pay these guys dimes for every link their spam produces.

Todd@RUPES
08-29-2013, 06:59 AM
It happened to the sister site also lately , it sux big time .

We got hit a little in morning too. They are getting smarter, but so are we ;)

TroyScherer
08-29-2013, 07:31 AM
We got hit a little in morning too. They are getting smarter, but so are we ;)

I`ve been a spammer on here for years... But so far I have managed to not get banned yet... ;) :D

:autopia:

Beemerboy
08-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Mostly third-world countries who pay these guys dimes for every link their spam produces.

I worked in the anti spam sector of the net for a while. It`s more than just dimes they are paying for the people that capture personal information.

That`s what this spamming links are all about.

It`s an under world that is WAY evil.

GearHead_1
10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I worked in the anti spam sector of the net for a while. It`s more than just dimes they are paying for the people that capture personal information.

Well said.

Todd@RUPES
10-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Edumicate me please.