PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax????

Pages : [1] 2 3

pwaug
08-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Every now and then you`ll see someone mention FK1000 with rave reviews about it`s durability and yet you don`t seem to see many using it or talking about it. Why doesn`t FK1000 get more attention and use????

Addicted2Bling
08-24-2013, 08:17 AM
It`s a great wax and there are a lot of people using it, but all the rants and reviews are going to the newer better waxes that are out now.

RTexasF
08-24-2013, 08:36 AM
FK 1000P was big here a few years ago. It`s still an excellent sealant but on the back burner now since a zillion new lines have been launched since then.

sprocketser
08-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Use it on my wheels & exhaust tips . Like the results so far .

Just applied it this week so no durability test .

Wheelzntoys
08-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Add a fruit scent, color and a better container = Winner!

Ronkh
08-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Used it - Liked it

Great winter wax. Probably should try it in FL and see how it holds

skibik
08-24-2013, 02:40 PM
I used it late last fall for my winter LSP.I has great durability as I figured close to 5 months worth. Although it is great for protection the stuff is a bear to work with. Directions say to let haze it came off hard and reminded of using the old Turtle Wax hard shell paste wax in the green can when I was a kid helping dad practically scraping it off the paint. In less then 2 months I have to decide whether to use it again or stick with the BF products that I have used this summer.

Dean. :D

Ronkh
08-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I used it late last fall for my winter LSP.I has great durability as I figured close to 5 months worth. Although it is great for protection the stuff is a bear to work with. Directions say to let haze it came off hard and reminded of using the old Turtle Wax hard shell paste wax in the green can when I was a kid helping dad practically scraping it off the paint. In less then 2 months I have to decide whether to use it again or stick with the BF products that I have used this summer.

I`ve heard people have problems w removal, but to me it was easier to work with than colonite

GTO_04
08-26-2013, 08:19 PM

Well said. It`s more difficult to remove than other sealants. The Turtle Wax Hard Shell comparison was a very good one! It seems to be very durable though.

Some users don`t have as much trouble removing it and I suspect they are better at applying a very thin coat of it, which makes removal a lot easier.

One thing I haven`t tried is removing it with a MF bonnet. That could make it a lot easier and quicker!

GTO_04

Todd@RUPES
08-27-2013, 06:14 AM
I personally love the "extra layer of clear coat" look FK produces as well as the amazing durability and intense (almost Collinite-like) water beading. However, like most products there is a trade-off, particuarly at that price point. FK1000 can be a bear to apply and remove. I have found that putting it on very thin and wiping it off just before it hazes helps application and removal considerably.

There is almost a sweet spot, right as it is hazing, that makes removal easy. Miss it by a few minutes one way or the other and application is, umm, spirited.

Mr. Gloss
08-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Cool detailing geeks don`t use products that were on the shelf last week. :)

Pats300zx
08-27-2013, 08:18 AM

So true lol. I found a new bottle of FK 2180 Sealant in the back of my cabinet. Has anyone tried it ?? I did some "googling" and the reviews seem decent.

Mr. Gloss
08-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Second Skin is now out!

;)

Ronkh
08-27-2013, 09:27 AM

ow

GTO_04
08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
I personally love the "extra layer of clear coat" look FK produces as well as the amazing durability and intense (almost Collinite-like) water beading. However, like most products there is a trade-off, particuarly at that price point. FK1000 can be a bear to apply and remove. I have found that putting it on very thin and wiping it off just before it hazes helps application and removal considerably.

There is almost a sweet spot, right as it is hazing, that makes removal easy. Miss it by a few minutes one way or the other and application is, umm, spirited.

As a matter of fact, it was your detail of that Impulse Blue GTO that called my attention to the FK1000. It just so happens I already happened to have some! I haven`t done an entire car with it yet though. Maybe next time I do my GTO I will use it. And yes, it can definitely be Collinite-like!

GTO_04