PDA

View Full Version : How ofted do you guys wash, wax, etc.

Heartsrundry
05-18-2004, 08:41 PM
How often do you guys wash, wax, fully detail and go all out.

I wash maybe every 3 days, wax once a week, and go all out once every month.

nthngd2say
05-19-2004, 08:59 AM
I usually do a full wash every two weeks and use Poorboys spray-n-wipe in between washes. I detail the interior every week. I do the full detail process about every three months. Monthly I add another coat of my topper wax.

rabbi
05-19-2004, 09:05 AM
I clay twice a year. I try to full detail every couple months. I wash at least once a week. I try to top every time I wash.

Beemerboy
05-19-2004, 10:02 AM
I wash my cars twice a month, but I use PB S&W and QD spray to keep them up. I redo the cars 6 times a year with new clay, polish, glaze, sealant, paste wax.

My cars are grarge queens so they stay fairly clean all year, except in the winter.
Bottom line is I can`t stand a dirty car, so I clean them as needed

Ringo
05-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Wash - Once every 7-10 days with Spray n Wipe in between.
Wax - Monthly (sometimes more - depends on how much time I have)
Full - As needed. Last year I think I did 3.

Below Reality
05-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Usually twice a week for my Tbird- daily driver.

There`s just too much dust and too many birds around here.

My Cougar is babied like crazy.

Washed mabey 3 times a month. Usually Drove less than 200 miles per month. Garage Kept. Always kept under my fancy schmancy mucho expensive car cover. :)

My Mustang, well thats another story.

I am prepping it for paint right now, so it will basically get it`s first good wash right before the primer goes down.

I usually wax my daily drivers once a month, my Cougar - right before shows and as needed since it doesn`t see much road time on a regular basis.

Full Detail is done before shows/holidays/special occasions; Or, whenever I get bored and decide to do it. :D

Interior on all my cars is gone over weekly to bi-weekly depending on need.
Keep things looking nice in between with Meg`s Final Inspection, Auto Magic Tire Shine, Stoner Glass Cleaner, Mothers Mag Polish, and a crapload of towels. :)

Heartsrundry
05-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Below Reality
Usually twice a week for my Tbird- daily driver.

There`s just too much dust and too many birds around here.

I wash so much aswell due to my parking on the street and the water spots i get from the sprinkeler heads and the bird crap on my car. Once, i dident care to wash after my car got bombarded and it ate threw my paint I also like to wax also for the protection.

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2004, 01:42 PM
The products that I use will last me a good three months between applications on the paint, so its not really necessary for me to wax every two weeks. I put two coats of UPP on in February or March and then P21S every 3 weeks or so after that untill I strip it all off and start over in July. I`ve got a car show in July that I participate in and I like to win. :D After July, I just put a coat of P21S on every 2 or 3 weeks till October when I strip it all off and prep it for winter. I use different products for winter and summer based on durability and appearance needs. I wash the car once a week at least and try to keep it clean on the inside as often as possible. I`ll usually vaccuum it out once every month or two. I don`t eat in the car and I have very few passengers, so its stays really clean inside.

69 GTO Judge
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Have not washed the GTO in over a year now. Then again the worst it sees is rain. I use PB SW every weekend at least 3 times each day over the weekend. Once before I leave, once when I get to my destination and then again when I get home. I just finished a 2 week process (could only work on the car in the evening after work) claying the car, PB SSR2 and then SSR1, PP W/Carnuba, EX and then 2 coats of Natty`s. I will do another coat of Natty`s before the next show.

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2004, 02:29 PM
I don`t know that you can say you haven`t `washed` the car for over a year. You can say that you haven`t washed it with a hose or a bucket or something, but you are definitely washing the car.

Are you deliberately avoiding using water for some reason? Spray and wipe is good and all, but I have never really considered it as a replacement for getting the car soapy. I guess if the car is a show car and always garaged then it wouldn`t really get that dirty, but why not pull it out and bucket wash it when the weather is nice? I find that to be a relaxing way to spend a morning. It also helps me really get close to examine the car`s surface and learn about any new scratches or anything like that.