PDA

View Full Version : Fast Glass Towels

Pages : [1] 2

0inDetail0
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Finally got around to breaking them out. Problem not on a detail. My bad back is keeping me out of work FT so PT detailing is shut down as well.
So let`s see what they can do on filthy house windows.
First impressions:
Not much seems like thick dry newspaper.
Directions:
Soak in warm water and wring damp. Fold into square.
Wipe. If you have streaks towel is too wet or too dirty.
The results:
Spot on these things deliver as promised. No gimmicks no fancy packaging.
The easiest way to clean glass to crystal clear squeaky shine. I was able to go from filthy outside windows to inside across to mirrors in my bathroom with no dirt being deposited on the new surface. I tested on a mirror then the inside of the bathroom window with MF towels and Stoner`s. MF towel was spotless.
I took pics with my camera I don`t even have to back this review up with them. They are that good.
I did 1 double sliding glass door, 3 windows, 1 bay window, 1 single pane storm door. 2 towels and about 2 gallons of warm water. Both sides in 1 hour while stopping on and off with various phone calls for medical leave, std, doctors and text messages with the better half.
I can`t imagine how fast you could do a car.
I tried all the tricks all the best cleaners, newspaper, homemade remedies and all the towels. Nothing is faster and easier. I like my Stoner MF combo I have it and it works. Not like this. Fast easy and perfect.
+`s
No chemicals
No chemical waste
They will pay for themselves with cost of window cleaner, paper towels alone.
No chasing wet window cleaner with a towel before it dries.
No paper towels, newspaper or anything else to throw out. Just good old dirty water down the drain or in the grass.
The lazy man`s way to clean windows.
Buy them you will not regret it and sell your gallons of window cleaners and speciality MF towels to the less wise to cover some of the cost.

Dcox9
07-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Very cool! May have to order some of these. Where are you in New Jersey?

mrclean81
07-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I got a 5 pack of these recently and totally agree. They are great towels and perform as advertised.

rzatch
07-30-2013, 08:45 PM
These towels are actually KD Cloth towels.

The Incredible KD Cloth - KD Cloth - A Micro Fiber Cloth that cleans glass and never streaks! (http://www.kdcloth.com/)

Ronkh
07-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Still think I got these a long time ago under a different name. Wish I could find the thread

rzatch
07-30-2013, 09:01 PM
You may have Ronkh. Richey starting touting the KD towel a while back on L2D and then they appear on carpro with a new name. Not saying you shouldn`t buy there but for the Canadian people on here buying from the supplier may be a cheaper option on shipping.

0inDetail0
07-31-2013, 06:31 AM
I`m in West Deptford

Mr. Gloss
07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Ron,

Zap Cloth is another name for original product.

Quickie also makes a towel similar, 2 for $2.98. I use Quickie for patio door and larger windows. It`s imperative that the towel is damp, which means, almost dry or it does leave a slightly visible film and a few spots. It doesn`t remove toddler grime, it only spreads it. Toddler grime needs Sprayway to cut it.

How well does Fast Cloth remove dog slobber and boogers? Anybody?

I don`t have a dog, but I see plenty of dogged up glass out there on the road.

KD does private labeling.

Todd@RUPES
07-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Cool info gentleman.

TroyScherer
07-31-2013, 01:31 PM
I am still loving mine.

Link: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/42555-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

psynx
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
yup these are awesome, i dont use any glas cleaners ever since i got these

erichaley
07-31-2013, 04:43 PM
These towels are actually KD Cloth towels.

The Incredible KD Cloth - KD Cloth - A Micro Fiber Cloth that cleans glass and never streaks! (http://www.kdcloth.com/)

Wow, great find! I`m always curious who makes what for other companies. Not so I can go buy it somewhere else, its just one of those fun facts.

While I don`t doubt that these are the same towel, the considerable price difference between KD and Corey make me wonder if there isn`t someone else that makes the towel and KD is just another reseller. I could be wrong, but I think it would be counterproductive for a manufacturer to sell their product to resellers at a price that, even after markup, undercuts their own price by a huge margin.

That`s just the way my overly logical programmer brain sees it... :)

erichaley
07-31-2013, 04:45 PM
yup these are awesome, i dont use any glas cleaners ever since i got these

But you also have very little glass in that S2000... :)

:envy:

Rsurfer
07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=erichaley;482608]
I could be wrong, but I think it would be counterproductive for a manufacturer to sell their product to resellers at a price that, even after markup, undercuts their own price by a huge margin.

It`s called adding value for the resellers.

RTexasF
07-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Are these only available from Canada? Are KD towels and Fas tGlass towels the same animal?