PDA

View Full Version : Opti-coat or 22ple

Dcox9
07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I`m starting to get into permanent coatings as customers are asking for it. But I am just beginning to get my feet wet when it comes to this new service. I`ve seen this craze and beauty of opti-coat but is the 22ple something that is getting overlooked.

I would love some advice in this matter, have a few clients eager to have it done to their toys.

Dr Oldz
07-29-2013, 11:30 PM
I bleed black and orange!!!

Anyway I have had great success with OC/OG and all my clients were very pleased with its performance.

Stokdgs
07-30-2013, 01:28 AM
What is the criteria ?
Best Gloss?
Best Durability?

Dan F

XxBoostinxX
07-30-2013, 08:53 AM
I think on paint opti-coat is still the winner. But love the idea of 22ple`s trim and metal coatings. When you apply 22ple, you will have to throw away the towels you use or they become hard and scratchy.

TroyScherer
07-30-2013, 08:55 AM
What is the criteria ?
Best Gloss?
Best Durability?

Dan F

Very important info.

I use OC for durability and "life-long" protection. This is great for people that want the protection but are going to continue using the touch-less wash and aren`t overly detailed and worried about the car. on the other hand though OC Pro looks GREAT on properly prepped and polished paint.

I have not used 22ple but I have used Original CQ. (Which is very similar from my understanding) I have 2+ years currently on CQ and it still looks good. The water beading and sheeting has fallen off on the lower vertical surfaces but it could be due to bonded contamination. (I plan on claying soon to see if this is the case). The extra gloss and depth added by CQ is great. Personally I prefer the looks of CQ over OG. If you have a customer that wants "the look" and will take care of the car then CQ is my choice. And if they are detailed like we are, chances are the will want to the vehicle polished and re-done in 2-3 years anyway. This is also goo for those on lease plans with their cars.

Also I am preparing to re-do my VW that I have CQ on with the newer CQUK. It is claimed to look even better and is currently rated @ 12-18 months.

Link to my CQ review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/30991-product-review-cquartz-ceramic-quartz-paint-protection.html

Dcox9
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Very important info.

I use OC for durability and "life-long" protection. This is great for people that want the protection but are going to continue using the touch-less wash and aren`t overly detailed and worried about the car. on the other hand though OC Pro looks GREAT on properly prepped and polished paint.

I have not used 22ple but I have used Original CQ. (Which is very similar from my understanding) I have 2+ years currently on CQ and it still looks good. The water beading and sheeting has fallen off on the lower vertical surfaces but it could be due to bonded contamination. (I plan on claying soon to see if this is the case). The extra gloss and depth added by CQ is great. Personally I prefer the looks of CQ over OG. If you have a customer that wants "the look" and will take care of the car then CQ is my choice. And if they are detailed like we are, chances are the will want to the vehicle polished and re-done in 2-3 years anyway. This is also goo for those on lease plans with their cars.

Also I am preparing to re-do my VW that I have CQ on with the newer CQUK. It is claimed to look even better and is currently rated @ 12-18 months.

Link to my CQ review: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/30991-product-review-cquartz-ceramic-quartz-paint-protection.html

Thanks I take care of the cars for my one client, everyother week they cars are cleaned.

radarryan
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
I currently have Opti-Coat 2.0 on my car but I am about to take it off to put GTechniq C1 and EXOv2. If I had to do it over again, at least in terms of looks, I would go with something else (CQuartz, GTechniq, 22ple) over Opti-Coat.

If you care enough to put a coating on, you`re going to want to try something new in a year or so anyways. I could have had a really durable sealant on and it would probably be still working by the time I want to change it up.

Orinda Auto Detail
07-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I`ve only used Opti Coat for coatings. I get outstanding gloss from it(could be the expert polishing before I put it on cause man am I good :rofl) even side by side with 2 same color and make of cars. After polishing both I put OC on one and it had more depth then the car that wasn`t OC`d. I know most my friends who I take as very credible sources tell me that they get more gloss out CQ Finest than OC.

Reflectiveauto
07-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Look at Gtechniq C1 for a super hard coating and Exo for a very slick and hydrophobic protection...Ive never seen 22ple but compared to OC, I use Gtechniq I like the looks, ease of use plus water protection over OC.