PDA

View Full Version : Best Tire Cleaner Part 2 - Meguiar`s D101

ihaveacamaro
07-17-2013, 02:11 PM
I made a thread recently called perfect tire cleaner or best tire cleaner where I explain how I use D101 and why I think it`s the best tire cleaner out there.

There were a few comments in that thread I`d like to respond to in this video, not picking you two guys out or anything, but you guys had good responses that I think deserved another demonstration.

The main comment I`d like to address was using a dirtier tire which I certainly did this time around.

Hope you enjoy, video in link!!

Best Tire Cleaner Part 2 - Meguiar`s D101 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/BYyY1UQUEcA)

Original Best Tire Cleaner video:

Best Tire Cleaner - Meguiar`s D101 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/qA5pdsFWMSM)

My assertion is that D101 is great for cleaning dirty tires that are treated with PERL as shown in your video.

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.

Mr. Gloss
07-17-2013, 03:37 PM
You didn`t describe the taste of the tire. How did the D101 affect the taste?

Lastly the tire he`s working on isn`t really the best illustration, to show how well it works IMO. Sincerely if your going to show how well something can work, look for a tasty, dirty looking tire to show it off.

Do you realize the D101 works just as well when diluted 4 - 1 for tires?

dc52nv
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the second review vid on this product. Does D101 lather up after scrubbing if used in a non-foaming trigger?

Custom Care
07-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Can you post a link to where you got the sprayers from? I had found them a couple weeks ago and went back to order some today and am getting a product not found page.

Product Not Found (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-705-adams-36oz-sprayer-3-pack.aspx)

skibik
07-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Not knocking Meg`s APC but after I seen your other video I wanted to try Meg`s D101 on my tires but I just could not see paying $16 plus $6 shipping to get it so I needed something I could get locally. We have a few auto parts stores that do carry some Meg`s products but living in a small town the choices are limited. I happened to stop into the Auto Value store to see when they had for APC`s. I come across Parts Master Power Cleaner, it is an APC for cleaning pretty much the same things as D101 at less than half the price. I was going to buy a spray bottle of the stuff just to try and that was about $3 the gallon jug next to it and no sprayer was about $7. With me trying different kinds of tire dressing and not finding anything good the tires were turning brown and not coming clean. I just used an empty 409 sprayer I had and the stuff works just as good as the D101 you show in your video. I used it straight and it could have been diluted for tires but why bother at $6 to $7 a gallon.

I guess what I am getting at is what you are considering the best tire cleaner is just your opinion and there are a lot of other APC out there for a lot less that do the same job. I think you need to revisit the title.

Dean. :inspector:

texinfin
07-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Can you post a link to where you got the sprayers from? I had found them a couple weeks ago and went back to order some today and am getting a product not found page.

Product Not Found (http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-705-adams-36oz-sprayer-3-pack.aspx)

They are out of stock and according to them are in the process of developing better ones.

Custom Care
07-17-2013, 07:57 PM
They are out of stock and according to them are in the process of developing better ones.

Thanks for the clarification. I`m in need of some good foaming sprayers but am not quite ready to start buying Kwazar bottles just yet.

texinfin
07-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Very good video as usual. As soon as I get done with my gallon of Zep Ultra Purple and D103 I am going to have to try D101.

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the second review vid on this product. Does D101 lather up after scrubbing if used in a non-foaming trigger?

I believe it does!

What he said ^.

Thanks for the clarification. I`m in need of some good foaming sprayers but am not quite ready to start buying Kwazar bottles just yet.

Kwazar are not foaming fyi :)

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
You didn`t describe the taste of the tire. How did the D101 affect the taste?

Do you realize the D101 works just as well when diluted 4 - 1 for tires?

I`ve tried diluted and it worked well, but I will stick to undiluted.

Very good video as usual. As soon as I get done with my gallon of Zep Ultra Purple and D103 I am going to have to try D101.

You bought the adam`s foaming sprayers right? Have you been using those with Zep and D103? How have you liked them?

ihaveacamaro
07-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Not knocking Meg`s APC but after I seen your other video I wanted to try Meg`s D101 on my tires but I just could not see paying $16 plus $6 shipping to get it so I needed something I could get locally. We have a few auto parts stores that do carry some Meg`s products but living in a small town the choices are limited. I happened to stop into the Auto Value store to see when they had for APC`s. I come across Parts Master Power Cleaner, it is an APC for cleaning pretty much the same things as D101 at less than half the price. I was going to buy a spray bottle of the stuff just to try and that was about $3 the gallon jug next to it and no sprayer was about $7. With me trying different kinds of tire dressing and not finding anything good the tires were turning brown and not coming clean. I just used an empty 409 sprayer I had and the stuff works just as good as the D101 you show in your video. I used it straight and it could have been diluted for tires but why bother at $6 to $7 a gallon.

I guess what I am getting at is what you are considering the best tire cleaner is just your opinion and there are a lot of other APC out there for a lot less that do the same job. I think you need to revisit the title.

Dean. :inspector:

Certainly it is my opinion on best tire cleaner. I have never said that it was anything other than that. In fact, if you look at the first thread I made on this, I said in the opening sentences that best or perfect is simply an opinion and this one is mine :)

In the end, you just have to use what makes you happy :) I`m glad you found a local option that does just that :bigups

tropicsteve
07-18-2013, 10:54 AM
megs D101 is great stuff and i use it around the house too. just ordered another gallon.
great reviews roshan. !