PDA

View Full Version : BF BlackICE Removal Issue...

basswood
07-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Washed my black car 2 days ago, used CP Eraser and put on a coat of BF AFPP with a PC XP and LC red pads. Looked pretty good as the paint did not need correction.

I wanted another layer and am biased toward carnauba so after washing the car again today I topped it with BF BlackICE by hand. The car was cool and in the garage. The directions do say to let it haze for 10 minutes. Well, methinks haze is haze so I did the whole care above the belt line and then started the wipe down.

What a royal pain in the keester to get it off! Rub, rub, rub - streak, streak, streak - rub, rub, rub. Took it outside into the sunshine and rub, rub, rub all the areas that I missed in the shade.

I will say that the depth of shine is so much better than just with BF AFPP but help me understand what I did wrong to make myself so much work!

Tanks,
Tom

ec90
07-14-2013, 09:53 PM
What was the temperature in your garage, or is it air conditioned? It may have been too hot plus leaving it on too long, I think I read it works fine as a wipe on wipe off. Or just do 2 panels at a time.

Ed_H
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
I had the same problem...you need to put in on very thin and it will wipe off easily.

Evan.J
07-14-2013, 10:17 PM
You need to barely see this when you apply it. This wax needs to be applied very very thin. Thats what caused you a problem.

basswood
07-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Thanks to all.

I probably put it on too thick and let it haze for too long. Ahhh, the "learning curve!" It does look spectacular though...

Regards,
Tom

TroyScherer
07-15-2013, 08:46 AM
I think your BFBI is defective. Please send it to me for proper disposal. :rofl:rofl:rofl

Don
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Try using the "like dissolves like" method of removal. If you put it on too thick and it becomes hard to remove, apply a small amount of fresh product and immediately wipe off. This works best if you work a small area at a time.

Todd@RUPES
07-16-2013, 08:33 AM
For the best results you want to apply thinly and allow to haze.