PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation policy.....

Pages : [1] 2

Dcox9
07-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Anyone have a policy implemented in their business for this issue? It doesn`t happen to often for me, but when it does it really seems to screw things up and add unneeded stress.

Beemerboy
07-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Anyone have a policy implemented in their business for this issue? It doesn`t happen to often for me, but when it does it really seems to screw things up and add unneeded stress.

Are you a full time detailer or part time weekender?

Merlin
07-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I`ve had it happen to me a couple of times and I agree it throws a cog in the works.
I`m actually thinking about taking a deposit from the client for them to reverve a time.

Stokdgs
07-10-2013, 01:58 PM
It happens to everyone who runs a business where appointments are taken.
Have YOU ever made an appointment and had to cancel ? I think I have in the past, but not even enough times to count on 1 hand.
But that`s just me...

Tough call to make... I have great Clients that wait a long time for me sometimes, so I am not too unhappy if they have to let the appointment slide... I always try to re-book them right away so we dont lose the momentum..

Dan F

Dcox9
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Full time detailer

Dcox9
07-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Are you a full time detailer or part time weekender?

Full time detailer

Dcox9
07-10-2013, 02:13 PM
It happens to everyone who runs a business where appointments are taken.
Have YOU ever made an appointment and had to cancel ? I think I have in the past, but not even enough times to count on 1 hand.
But that`s just me...

Tough call to make... I have great Clients that wait a long time for me sometimes, so I am not too unhappy if they have to let the appointment slide... I always try to re-book them right away so we dont lose the momentum..

Dan F

I agree, losing the momentum really screws things up. Speaking from a financial stand point I`ve learned not to count your chicks before they hatch.

Todd@RUPES
07-10-2013, 08:10 PM
It really depends on your clientele. When I detailed full time, because I was dealing with really high-end stuff with people in very high-end positions, I figured that was just a normal part of "loss". That is I was willing, and factored in, to accept a certain amount of cancellations.

It just came with the turf.

Trouble
07-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I allow one cancellation. If they do it to me twice I make them pay $100 cancellation fee before I`ll set another appointment

I never respond with "It`s Okay" either. You`re setting yourself up for further abuse if you do

Old Pirate
07-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Like Todd mention " It just came with the turf " it happens in all trades out there.

Merlin
07-11-2013, 04:16 PM
On the other hand have you ever made an appointment for someone to show up and they do a "no show" without even the common courtesy to give you a call?

RaskyR1
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
A cancellation means I actually get a day off for once so I don`t usually mind. :D

If I were full time I would probably have a 24hr cancellation policy...I think I actually like the way Trouble does it.

Trouble
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
On the other hand have you ever made an appointment for someone to show up and they do a "no show" without even the common courtesy to give you a call?

I text the night before to confirm the appointment :bubba

A cancellation means I actually get a day off for once so I don`t usually mind. :D

That`s the best way to look at it :bigups

Merlin
07-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I text the night before to confirm the appointment :bubba

Actually I meant someone coming to do something for you. (plumber, electrician etc.)
You make an appointment with them and they don`t show up or even call to let you know.

Has that ever happened to you?

Trouble
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Actually I meant someone coming to do something for you. (plumber, electrician etc.)
You make an appointment with them and they don`t show up or even call to let you know.

Has that ever happened to you?

My computer guy is bad about not showing up when he`s suppose to. He always says ` I got tied up at the last job `. He`s good though; and I like him, so I tolerate it