PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Diablo Dirty Rims

Pages : [1] 2 3

A4_Peasant
06-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Hey Dudes/Dudettes!~

I`m new to the forums and I just wanted to share my Diablo video with you peeps!

Chemical Guys Diablo Cleaning Dirty Rims - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_CeetRQHko&feature=youtu.be)

Thanks for watching

ihaveacamaro
06-15-2013, 02:17 PM
It was cool seeing all that grime "melt" off that rim. Thanks for the video :)

One pet peeve of mine, it`s 1 to 5, not 5 to 1. I don`t know why that bothers me so much, but it just does.

I have a sample of diablo ive been meaning to try for a long time now, may have to give it a try.

Stokdgs
06-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I bought some of this years ago when it first came out and diluted, it was disappointing for my needs...
I see really dirty BMW wheels all the time, and this product is just too lightweight for these wheels...
Perhaps if you use if full strength it would be better? I just put it in the back of my supply cabinet and forgot about it.
If it worked as good as it smelled, well then it might be a good wheel cleaner for my shop..
Dan F

A4_Peasant
06-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah my Audi rims get crazy dirty too since I commute in it but this stuff just rips off the grime with minimal agitation.

Lol yeah those dilution ratios always get me too but I just stuck with the water:product version they had on the bottle

Swanicyouth
06-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I used it today on a 3 week old car with hubcaps and a fair amount of brake dust stuck in dealer tire grease sling. It works well, but does require agitation with a brush.

Nothing else (except APC) can touch it for the price. I just exhausted my supply, and cracked open my new gallon of CG Sticky Wheel Cleaner. Both products are perfect for me, as my wheels are washed weekly, make almost zero brake dust, and are Opti-Coated.

CG`s has a new on called "Signature" that`s even cheaper. I know the Sticky Wheel Cleaner it based on citrus cleaning, and its probably as good (and as safe ) as P21S - just 1/8 the price.

Wors
06-15-2013, 09:38 PM
I used it today on a 3 week old car with hubcaps and a fair amount of brake dust stuck in dealer tire grease sling. It works well, but does require agitation with a brush.

Nothing else (except APC) can touch it for the price. I just exhausted my supply, and cracked open my new gallon of CG Sticky Wheel Cleaner. Both products are perfect for me, as my wheels are washed weekly, make almost zero brake dust, and are Opti-Coated.

CG`s has a new on called "Signature" that`s even cheaper. I know the Sticky Wheel Cleaner it based on citrus cleaning, and its probably as good (and as safe ) as P21S - just 1/8 the price.

The CG Sticky Wheel Cleaner has more cleaning power than the Diablo. Where does the new Signature series stack up I wonder?

A4_Peasant
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah I was actually just wondering about the signature series. It looks exactly like their "blue rim cleaner." Lol

XSSIVE
06-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the review. I`ve been curious about this since I changed to ceramic pads on my VW. No more need for any of the more aggressive color changing iron removing wheel cleaners anymore and Diablo is one of the cleaners I was considering trying.

Todd@RUPES
06-18-2013, 07:04 AM
I found that Diablo, undiluted, works amazingly well but is very hard to spray. When diluted 1:1 it loses some cleaning power, but still works well. I know its one of the Stig`s favorite wheel cleaning solutions.

XxBoostinxX
06-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I love CG Diablo! When I first tried it out I was using a regular non-foaming sprayer and it worked "ok". Recently I switched to a CG foaming sprayer and it definitely works a lot better. I also always agitate with my Daytona brush after it sits for a minute or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ec90
06-18-2013, 11:51 AM
I feel like most wheel cleaners are formulated extremely strong and can be diluted 1:1 with little effect on cleaning MOST wheels.

Custom Care
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I love CG Diablo! When I first tried it out I was using a regular non-foaming sprayer and it worked "ok". Recently I switched to a CG foaming sprayer and it definitely works a lot better. I also always agitate with my Daytona brush after it sits for a minute or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like switching over to a foaming sprayer helps alot by giving the product a better dwell time. I need to get a couple of either the Adam`s or CG foaming spray heads because the ones I have are complete garbage.

A4_Peasant
06-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I just didn`t have a lot of success with the foaming sprayer, it just throws more diablo on the car without much foam than the normal sprayer, but for like bugger or citrus wash it`s pro!

ihaveacamaro
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I just didn`t have a lot of success with the foaming sprayer, it just throws more diablo on the car without much foam than the normal sprayer, but for like bugger or citrus wash it`s pro!

Try the Adams foaming sprayer. It`s honestly the best foaming sprayer I have ever used.

Custom Care
06-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Try the Adams foaming sprayer. It`s honestly the best foaming sprayer I have ever used.

I looked them up after watching your video with on the APC but I`m just too cheap to pull the trigger on a 6 pack with shipping will price them out at about $3 a piece. I`m sure they are worth the price though.