PDA

View Full Version : Detailing + listening to music?

Pages : [1] 2 3

zesty-man
05-15-2004, 11:28 PM
when you guys detail, do you listen to music? do you have the cd player on as you use the PC? i was just thinking, it could be a good idea, to make time go by faster..

Woob
05-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Yup usually run my cd or the radio as I detail. Helps make the heat go away too. No PC yet, it would sound pretty though. :-p

zesty-man
05-15-2004, 11:32 PM
nono, i meant as you use the porter cable, to filter out the sound that it makes, you could sorta blast your cd player

Woob
05-16-2004, 12:00 AM
:dunno I have no clue what this thread is about now. I`m just crazy :mohawk :lol

treestand
05-16-2004, 01:49 AM
you can get noise canceling headphones. Those would do what you want and you wouldnt have to crank up the volume much. There are the over the ear headphone style, and ones that work more like ear plugs.

As for me, ive only listened to music a couple times while detailing (with a cd player / headphones). The music was nice, but I didnt like the cord getting in the way / having to have the cd player on you. I would really enjoy using wireless headphones though.

rabbi
05-16-2004, 07:20 AM
I used to listen to music but I don`t any more. I have enough entertainment in head to keep me amused.

dafowl1
05-16-2004, 08:01 AM
I play the radio or t a cd when i wash the car i cant wait to dry it so i could put the windows down and play some music

nickis
05-16-2004, 08:17 AM
I listen to music whenever I`m not washing or using the PC. I don`t so much find that it makes work go faster as just makes it a lot more pleasant - I actually look forward to sunny afternoons in my driveway with a bottle of EX, listening to music. Just roll down the windows and crank it up. Doesn`t get much better than that.

As far as music with the PC, I tried it, but the PC drowned it out too much. I actually tried using those earmuff type things for powertools when I use my PC. The sound of the PC isn`t exactly overwhelming, but with the earmuffs on its barely anything. Something to try if the PC noise irritates you a lot.

jeff2417
05-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rabbi
I used to listen to music but I don`t any more. I have enough entertainment in head to keep me amused.

LMFAO:lmfao

Beemerboy
05-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I have a radio on all the time and listen to the local jazz or country stations. Its mainly for noise more than anything

Beemerboy
05-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Also ZESTY

Your gril will not make it to the finals she should have been booted this last week. I`m no longer watching American Idiol its not about the talent you can see that by the way the votes are going. I`d also be willing to bet this is the last season for the show!

rabbi
05-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Diana DeGarmo will be the next American Idol.

SpoiledMan
05-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Beemerboy
Also ZESTY

Your gril will not make it to the finals she should have been booted this last week. I`m no longer watching American Idiol its not about the talent you can see that by the way the votes are going. I`d also be willing to bet this is the last season for the show!

As much as I agree with you I hate to say that based on the way that things have gone, that`s not a safe statement. Phone plugging from our most western state has helped her see her way to the next week and will probably help her to the finals. "America" has gotten this ALL wrong!! When I saw Latoya up for the axing, my heart sank! As I have said before, AI hasn`t produced a SINGLE star yet!!

Back to the topic, I use my iPod when I detail and it makes the time fly!!

zesty-man
05-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Beemerboy
Also ZESTY

booo!!!!!!

anyways, getting back on topic, im thinkin of maybe getting something like these products. i figure, i can use it both for detailing cars and working out, possibly even tennis, but my coach would probably end up killing me if he saw me wearing those...
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F009%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=12%2D932
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F009%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=12%2D933

Woob
05-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Personally, I hate RadioShack stuff, its weak and quality is ridiculously bad! I would only buy cheap stuff up to 10 dollars, after that I rather just order online.