PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions between these two...

rustypixel
05-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I`m trying to decide between the following two for my bright silver car:

Nanoskin Glass Molecule

Prima Hydro Seal

What I`m mainly looking for is the best protection against UV and elements as my car is out 24/7. I don`t know anyone that uses these products and have read a lot of good things about both but nothing that will sway me one way or the other. I have the car hand washed once a week with a drive thru wash every now and then. Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

512detail
05-22-2013, 10:45 PM
never tried nanoskin brand but enjoy my prima products quite well

classofshine
05-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Havent used the nano, but the prima will look awesome on silver. If you are really after UV protection then you may want to take a look at OPT wax.

Reflectiveauto
05-23-2013, 05:02 AM
I`m trying to decide between the following two for my bright silver car:

Nanoskin Glass Molecule

Prima Hydro Seal

What I`m mainly looking for is the best protection against UV and elements as my car is out 24/7. I don`t know anyone that uses these products and have read a lot of good things about both but nothing that will sway me one way or the other. I have the car hand washed once a week with a drive thru wash every now and then. Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I use NanoSkin Glass Molecule on a regular basis. Its very good but its designed to be layered on top of the Nanoskin Hydrophobic was so they bond together for the best protection. The water beading on the Glass Molecule is awesome...like little BB`s on the finish...super high angle. Contamination does not want to bond to the coating also.

PA DETAILER
05-23-2013, 06:35 AM
i have just used the prima line. hydro seal was great. a little learning curve to apply. then hydro max was released. so much eaiser to apply. spray/wipe/done.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/42123-prima-hydro-max-review.html

and with the car being washed once a week, you can expect 5-6 months of protection.

rustypixel
05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
I read up on the Hydro Max and even though I read the entire thread I just want to verify that Hydro Max can be used alone without having to use Hydro Seal before it. Cause if that`s the case then I`ll definitely get a bottle to try out.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions. I appreciate it.

i have just used the prima line. hydro seal was great. a little learning curve to apply. then hydro max was released. so much eaiser to apply. spray/wipe/done.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/42123-prima-hydro-max-review.html

and with the car being washed once a week, you can expect 5-6 months of protection.

Swanicyouth
05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Hmm. I have never used NS, but have heard a few less than complimentary things about it. Prima on the other hand never disappoints.

PA DETAILER
05-23-2013, 11:20 AM
you would not use hydro seal before hydro max. hydro max is the UPDATED VERSION of hydro seal.

and yes, it is a stand alone product.

Swanicyouth
05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
you would not use hydro seal before hydro max. hydro max is the UPDATED VERSION of hydro seal.

Can you answer a question about HydroMax for me. I use Hydro, but as a spray wax or drying aid, on non-Prima LSPs. Is HydroMax good for this as well or is it "too thick"? I know its a stand alone product, but can it be used as easily as Hydro with other stuff, or is there more work involved?

rustypixel
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
This was enough to sell me. I`ll be ordering this afternoon. Thanks again for all the replies.

PA DETAILER
05-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Can you answer a question about HydroMax for me. I use Hydro, but as a spray wax or drying aid, on non-Prima LSPs. Is HydroMax good for this as well or is it "too thick"? I know its a stand alone product, but can it be used as easily as Hydro with other stuff, or is there more work involved?

not thick at all. HM can be used on a wet or dry surface, but DRY is the recommened application. you should be fine swanicyouth. easy as spritz then wipe with MF. done.....

now it is said the surface should be free of wax. and a wash used with no poloymers in it. ie: wax/shine boosters etc. just for the first application of hydro max. same with hydro seal. then any wash can be used there after....