PDA

View Full Version : HD Poxy on a Boat?

explorerlyon
05-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I need to clean and wax/seal the gelcoat on my 22" wakeboard boat. I know I can go out and buy boat specific waxes, but I already have some HD Poxy. What do you think of using in on a boat?

Pats300zx
05-07-2013, 06:55 PM
You can give it a try and see how you like it. Proxy I believe is a sealant/carnuaba blend. I have always had great luck with Collonite 845 on my boat.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out for you.

Ronkh
05-07-2013, 07:54 PM
just be careful with anything with a color.

color stuff and gel coat, don`t play well together

Orinda Auto Detail
05-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Poxy probably isn`t going to last long in boat conditions IMO. In real world testing on my car it only lasted a month(left car out side didn`t wash it, you know "beat it up" like a normal customer of mine wouldve) So in the water I don`t see it holding up long. How ever Poxy looks amazing IMO. Tons of oil in it so fills really well, I use it on the quicky Clay/seal jobs just for its covering ability.

Lou Bunn
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I just used BFWD on a friend`s Ski Nautique, looked great! The boat wax I had, well, bought new last year, used once, seemed to have dried out and while it would work if you were applying by hand, I`m too old and have too many aches for that nonsense. I gave the guy the wax and told him I used that sealer he liked so much on his truck, and here`s some wax if you feel like waxing. He brings the boat to me once a year for a detail. BTW, BFWD and a 6" gold LC pad on the PC made this chore a snap.