PDA

View Full Version : Prima hydro max review

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PA DETAILER
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM

was waiting this morning so i could use the new PRIMA HYDRO MAX. washed as normal (with hydro wash). then after the xterra was dry, i grabbed the HM and a MF towel. it states it can be used wet (as a drying aid) but BEST RESULTS are obtained used dry. spray on, then buff off.

OMG! OUTSTANDING PRODUCT! :bigups
if you liked hydro seal, you are going to love hydro max! so simple. just spritz and wipe off! NO STREAKS. NO SMEARS. after my first panel, i could see the results! the paint just popped! amazing depth and clarity. safe for plastics and glass too. a little is all thats needed! used about 1oz for the vehicle.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/prima-hydro-max.html

Pats300zx
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Awesome !!! Can`t wait to get some a d give it a try. I have yet to use a Prima product I was disappointed with. Not a big fan of their wash soaps but everything else is top notch.

Custom Care
04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Wow, that looks great and sounds super easy to apply

PA DETAILER
04-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Wow, that looks great and sounds super easy to apply

as easy as using a spray detailer!
PRIMA has a winner here.

ZL1Mark
04-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Awesome!!!!! I will be using Hydro Max tomorrow!!

PA DETAILER
04-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Awesome!!!!! I will be using Hydro Max tomorrow!!

:bigups

tell us your thoughts also.....

Bunky
04-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the review. I would be interested to hear about how long the protection lasts.

PA DETAILER
04-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the review. I would be interested to hear about how long the protection lasts.

nick from prima claims 5+ months of protection on hydro seal. washing the vehicle once a week.

now some have home mixed hydro and hydro seal. 3:1 3 parts hydro to 1 part hydro seal. to make application more friendly. but some have claimed it clumped or was too thick to spray. (i never tried it this way)

so along came HYDRO MAX. all the benifits of HYDRO SEAL but in a simple application form. as nick stated, it will not replace HYDRO SEAL.

mjlinane
04-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Great to read. Ordered some yesterday.

TroyScherer
04-28-2013, 11:04 AM
It looks and sounds great. And since I like Amigo and BananaGloss well I may have to try this out.

Swanicyouth
04-29-2013, 06:13 AM
nick from prima claims 5+ months of protection on hydro seal. washing the vehicle once a week.

so along came HYDRO MAX. all the benifits of HYDRO SEAL but in a simple application form. as nick stated, it will not replace HYDRO SEAL.

A couple questions.

1. I thought is was supposed to be a stand alone product and replace Hydro Seal?? That the benefit was that it had the longevity of a sealant (Hydro Seal), in an easy to use spray sealant form.

2. If its a "topper" then wouldn`t it be replacing Hydro?

Truck looks great BTW.

Todd@RUPES
04-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Great review!:D

It can be used as a stand alone or as a topper. In either case this product rocks! :rockon

PA DETAILER
04-29-2013, 08:33 AM
A couple questions.

1. I thought is was supposed to be a stand alone product and replace Hydro Seal?? That the benefit was that it had the longevity of a sealant (Hydro Seal), in an easy to use spray sealant form.

2. If its a "topper" then wouldn`t it be replacing Hydro?

Truck looks great BTW.

1/ it is a stand alone product. and has the same longevity as org. hydro seal. just a different application form. and it is so easy to apply!

2/ nothing wrong with org. hydro seal! just a small learning curve on how to apply. i have used it without issue.

now hydro wax as u dry was left alone of course. this product still amazes me. :bigups a great drying aid and a great product to MAINTAIN your hydro sealed finish.

TODD,
you are correct sir! have you used it yet? the HYDRO MAX is one outstanding new product.

my process was.....

AMIGO to prep the paint.

HYDRO WASH or any soap WITHOUT POLYMERS OR WAX AND SHINE IN IT. first time only to prep the paint and get it ready for HYDRO MAX or HYDRO SEAL.

applied HYDRO SEAL with damp mf and spray bottle of water. but with the new HYDRO MAX you dry off the vehicle completly and just mist each panel then wipe off with a mf towel. safe for the glass and plastics. that easy! ..DONE..

then maintain with any car wash soap you have. and i like to use the HYDRO WAX AS U DRY about every other wash.

Bunky
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Is Hydro Max similar to BF Crystal seal or UPPP type products?

PA DETAILER
04-30-2013, 06:37 AM
it is a sealant. to apply HM you spritz the panel and wipe off with a mf towel. done.

with BF CS you just apply it with the applicator and no wiping.