PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle XMT VS Wolfgang Total

redjewelss
04-25-2013, 11:03 PM
I have a Red Jewel SUV and i have pretty bad swirls. i have had this problem since i purchased the truck in 08. The first few years i took very good care of the truck, washing regularly, waxing often and even applied sealant. i now have a garage where i can work on the truck and detail it out of the sun so im looking at trying to get rid of the swirls.

I am looking the Pinnicle XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover kit or the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit... I currently have a standard circular polisher, would i be better off purchasing a DA or taking my time using the Circular polisher?

thanks

ihaveacamaro
04-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Definitely get a DA!!!!!!!

That circular polisher doesn`t do anything but spread wax lol

Todd@RUPES
04-26-2013, 06:11 AM
When you say circular, do you mean like an old waxmaster two-handed orbital? Or do you mean a high-powered rotary polisher?

The Wolfgang Polishes are much better then the XMT polishes in my experience.

redjewelss
04-26-2013, 07:16 AM
When you say circular, do you mean like an old waxmaster two-handed orbital? Or do you mean a high-powered rotary polisher?

The Wolfgang Polishes are much better then the XMT polishes in my experience.

Todd, i have a high powered rotart. it has variable speed control.

Todd@RUPES
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM
If you are proficient with that style of machine you can achieve great results. Either ways, I would favor Wolfgang over XMT for your machine polishing needs.

redjewelss
04-26-2013, 09:50 AM
i have used it a few times, always afraid of pulling off paint, but i generally use a lower speed. i guess ill save the money this time and give the Wolfgang products a try with my current polisher.

thanks for your help

redjewelss
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
im looking at the Wolfgang and notice it comes in 8oz. 16oz and 32oz. is the 8oz enough to do an SUV (trailblazer)? or would i be better going with the 16oz?

ill throw another product in...

Blackfire DUO? whats your opinions on that? in the past i have used BF on my truck but not really for swirl removal. the results were great, my truck shines and looks great even when dirty but i want to get rid of the swirls.

Swanicyouth
04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
8oz is more than enough if your skilled at what you are doing.

Todd@RUPES
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
im looking at the Wolfgang and notice it comes in 8oz. 16oz and 32oz. is the 8oz enough to do an SUV (trailblazer)? or would i be better going with the 16oz?

ill throw another product in...

Blackfire DUO? whats your opinions on that? in the past i have used BF on my truck but not really for swirl removal. the results were great, my truck shines and looks great even when dirty but i want to get rid of the swirls.

In most cases 8 oz will be plenty to do several cars... however, if you plan on more polishing in the future, getting the larger size (and the better value) is a great choice. Wolfgang TSR has an excellent shelf life.

What type of pads are using on your rotary?

redjewelss
04-30-2013, 05:46 AM
i have the Lake Country CCS pads