PDA

View Full Version : An Amateur`s Take on BlackICE

Pages : [1] 2

basswood
04-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I see what you pro`s do with detailing and am amazed.

A little background...

Bought my black `07 Jag XK a little over a year ago. On my previous cars I`d done the wash regularly (2 bucket, huh? - grit guard, huh?) and waxed them twice a year. Had no idea what a clay bar was and was clueless to correction. Since then I`ve learned a lot thanks to Autopia and research.

I`ve been trying to get the dazzle on the paint on this car which is in pretty good shape with fair success using other mid and fairly high end products. As a new enthusiast, I just wasn`t satisfied.

My TPnS and BI (I bought into the hype) showed up earlier in the week so of course I had to try them out.

Washed, 2 bucket method with grit guard,leaf blower dry with Guzzler touch up and Nanoskin towel cleaning. TPnS with PC7424XP and LC green pads. Ok, the hype on this stuff is right on. It cleaned up the swirls and some minor scratches. The paint looked pretty darn good at this point but I had this, to me, pretty expensive BlackICE on the shelf.

Put a thin coat of BI on the entire car and let it haze. It is impossibly easy to buff as it almost buffs itself.

Well, I was astounded at the depth of the shine and I finally found the dazzle and the glisten that I`d been searching for. Took the car out into the rain today. BlackICE doesn`t bead, it scares water away. I have never seen such small water beads from a wax...it was almost like a mist on the paint.

This is the first car care product that I`ve used that actually did what it promised. For me, it is well worth the money.

Best regards,
Tom

TroyScherer
04-04-2013, 07:06 PM
That is Great to hear Tom.

dc52nv
04-04-2013, 07:15 PM
That`s awesome to hear. I`m glad you had great success with it.

Custom Care
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I`m glad you were able to get some great results.

tropicsteve
04-04-2013, 07:22 PM
good for you tom. post some pics if you get a chance.

basswood
04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
good for you tom. post some pics if you get a chance.

If I knew how to post pics I would love to. The "pop" on the paint is ALMOST what you folks accomplish.

Wheelzntoys
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
+1 on the pics! Great to hear your review

Audi X2
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Now you really have me excited for mine to arrive!

glen e
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
learn to post pics with photobucket - so easy

have we determined if BI is just for Black or others too? - How about slate grey?

Like mine below...

Dcox9
04-04-2013, 09:58 PM

have we determined if BI is just for Black or others too? - How about slate grey?

Like mine below...

Please post pics and it is so easy. I did it the hard way before an photo bucket is a dream!

Pats300zx
04-05-2013, 04:59 AM
Great info Tom...Pics Please :)

tropicsteve
04-05-2013, 06:43 AM
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/getting-most-out-autopia-forums/37242-how-post-pictures-forum-using-picture-hosting-website.html
hey tom, here`s some good info. on posting pictures written by todd.

Todd@RUPES
04-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Like mine below...

BlackICE will look great on darker grays!

basswood
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the tips on how to upload pics. I`ll give it a whirl...keep in mind we`re not dealing with a particularly tech savvy old man here. 😃

Tom

LJSNY
04-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Looks great. How was the slickness?