PDA

View Full Version : Klasses all in one question

surfninjab
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
This product states that as a paint cleaner it removes stubborn contamination with ease. As a car polish it creates a high-gloss luster that few products match. As a car wax, it protects for months.

Autopia recommends this as a sealant before waxing.

My question is why do I need to polish, glaze, protect, and wax using separate processes and products if this product does it all in one?

RZJZA80
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
This product states that as a paint cleaner it removes stubborn contamination with ease. As a car polish it creates a high-gloss luster that few products match. As a car wax, it protects for months.

My question is why do I need to polish, glaze, protect, and wax using separate processes and products if this product does it all in one?

Well, simply put, you don`t need to glaze, so you can skip that. KAIO has no cut, it`s a chemical cleaner, so you still need to polish the paint before applying KAIO to remove any swirls and to bring out the best shine possible. Also, sealants go underneath waxes, not the other way around, and waxing is optional as KAIO has very good durability by itself.

I would suggest polishing the car first, applying the KAIO, and if you want it to look deeper, wax on top of it.

Lou Bunn
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
KAIO is great on dead flat white like GM or Honda, it also makes the smooth plastic trim look new again. If you get really faded paint, like how red gets after a few years of neglect, then KAIO will make your day. I used it as a prep for BFWD on my mother in laws new Caddie (white). BTW - can`t believe that it came from the dealer with zero scratches, swirls or anything wrong! I told her she got great car and after driving it myself, I`m convinced that GM can build a great car.

Todd@RUPES
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Klasse All In One will remove oxidized paint, clean stains, and restore paint`s natural luster. It also leaves behind a fairly durable acrylic resin layer that will last 2-4 months on most paint systems... For most people who want a 1 step solution and are happy that their paint is shiny, Klasse AIO is an ideal solution.

If you demand more performance and have a more passionate eye, then you may need to augment your regimen with other products. For even more protection you can add a coat (or more) of Klasse SG (Sealant Glaze) on top.
Carnauba wax users love using Klasse AIO as a base because it cleans the paint (like a pre-wax cleansing lotion) AND it adds some additional protection. Some guys even get so crazy as to clean with paint with Klasse AIO, seal it with multiple coats of Klasse SG, then add a carnauba wax on top of that!

Ultimately, Klasse AIO`s versatility has been what has made it a mainstay in this industry after all of these years. 90% or more of the people who use AIO will find the performance is all that they need to keep their vehicle looking great. Those who demand more can work K-AIO into their regimen.

surfninjab
04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I am looking for a full regimen for a quality detail including waterless wash (which I have), clay, polish, sealant or wax. Can you guys reccomend a system of products I should use. Klasses seems like it is not the best but it is an all around product

RZJZA80
04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
I am looking for a full regimen for a quality detail including waterless wash (which I have), clay, polish, sealant or wax. Can you guys reccomend a system of products I should use. Klasses seems like it is not the best but it is an all around product

Exactly why it`s an "All In One". It`s probably the best chemical cleaner out there, but as stated before, it`s not for every occasion. To get the best of all the many worlds of detailing, choose dedicated products instead of an AIO, especially when looking for correction and finish.

surfninjab
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Thank you to all who replied. This has been very helpful