PDA

View Full Version : A comparison of detailing bags (Rupes, Autopia, Blackfire)

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey guys, if you don`t have a detailing bag, seriously think about getting one. These things are awesome and make great all purpose bags as well.

My brother actually stole my blackfire bag on his recent trip to Ecuador lol so you know it is durable stuff and can be used for other things as well, not just detailing.

Anyways, here`s a video with all three bags and my thoughts on them:

Link here --> Comparison of Detailing Bags (Blackfire, Rupes, Autopia) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fHJ3hjcliGs)

P.S. Forgot to mention the prices:

Rupes = $90-100
Autopia bag = $50
Blackfire bag = $60

And you guys thought you could go a whole month without another one of my videos, but no! Here is another one just in time! :rofl

TacoHerder
03-30-2013, 06:45 PM
I was just thinking about buying one of these. Good review as usual, thanks a lot.

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I was just thinking about buying one of these. Good review as usual, thanks a lot.

No problem :bigups

which one btw?

TacoHerder
03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Im thinking the BlackFire bag. I dont have too many big bottles so I shouldn`t need all the pouches like the Autopia one has. plus I can always buy some BF squeeze bottles if room is too tight. Not to mention the sale makes the price a bit less :)

Bunky
03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks. I had not seen two of these before. :bigups

I have a Flex bag and I can get the Flex and Rupes along with pads and polishes. It has minimal interior organization but overall well made with a nice wide padded strap.

Pats300zx
03-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Great review Roshan !!!

ihaveacamaro
03-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Im thinking the BlackFire bag. I dont have too many big bottles so I shouldn`t need all the pouches like the Autopia one has. plus I can always buy some BF squeeze bottles if room is too tight. Not to mention the sale makes the price a bit less :)

Good choice! It`s my favorite!

Thanks. I had not seen two of these before. :bigups

I have a Flex bag and I can get the Flex and Rupes along with pads and polishes. It has minimal interior organization but overall well made with a nice wide padded strap.

Seems like the Flex bag is like the rupes bag with no pockets inside? Either way, as you see from the video, I like my pockets and stuff :lol2:

Great review Roshan !!!

Thanks Pat!!

TacoHerder
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
BF professional detail bag ordered:autopia: Roshan, ya helped me pull that trigger. You da man:rockon

Dcox9
03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
The autopia bag is pretty similar to griots bag I got my with GG 6". But great review thinking I may have to spring for the BF bag!!

psnt1ol
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Thank You, Rashan!!!!!!! I was also thinking about the BalckFire bag since they are all on sale. You helped me made up my mind.

Off Topic:

Do you own any shoes????? You wear sandals in just about every videos. :rofl

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 01:07 AM
BF professional detail bag ordered:autopia: Roshan, ya helped me pull that trigger. You da man:rockon

Glad to help bud! I think you will be very happy with it! But when you do get it, I`d love to see you add some pics and thoughts to this thread about it :)

The autopia bag is pretty similar to griots bag I got my with GG 6". But great review thinking I may have to spring for the BF bag!!

Interesting, I`ve never even seen the griots. I know the autopia bag is the exact same as the pinnacle one at AG just with different colors. If you do go for the BF bag, I think you`ll like it!

Thank You, Roshan!!!!!!! I was also thinking about the BalckFire bag since they are all on sale. You helped me made up my mind.

Off Topic:

Do you own any shoes????? You wear sandals in just about every videos. :rofl

Glad to help :) As I said to TacoHerder, when you get it, add your pictures and thoughts to this thread!

And I`m a Floridian! What are shoes?!?! :lol2:

You`re in San Fran, you should understand :bigups

dc52nv
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Glad to help bud! I think you will be very happy with it! But when you do get it, I`d love to see you add some pics and thoughts to this thread about it :)

Interesting, I`ve never even seen the griots. I know the autopia bag is the exact same as the pinnacle one at AG just with different colors. If you do go for the BF bag, I think you`ll like it!

Glad to help :) As I said to TacoHerder, when you get it, add your pictures and thoughts to this thread!

I`m not from SF but I visit the City around 20 times a year and I can tell you it`s way too chilly for sandals there. :lol2:

psnt1ol
03-31-2013, 09:59 AM

Remember what Mark Twain said regarding San Francisco......"The coldest winter I ever spent was the summer in San Francisco".

This is the way for us locals to spot out all the tourist in San Francisco. They are the ones in SHORTS and SANDALS. :lol2:

ihaveacamaro
03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Wow, guess I didn`t realize san fran got cold. Well damn, that sucks haha!

Sandals FTW!

TroyScherer
03-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Nice comparison Roshan. I have the Ag version of the Autopia bag as well as a flex bag.

The flex bag is nice size and great for holding the polisher. But there are no pockets. It is a nice size though and can hold a good bit of stuff if you need to. I actually put both my Flex 3401 & Flex PE14 in the bag for storage.

I do like my AG bag for the same reasons you like the Autopia bag. It holds my DA polisher and a few polishes. I haven`t had any issues getting a polisher in the top section. But i usually remove the backing plate due to my OCD.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01219.JPG

I have found the lower section of the bag to be the perfect fit for the Griots 3" polisher.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01221.JPG

I keep all of my pads and towels in their own dedicated totes. It makes it easier for me to just grab and go.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01202.JPG