PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Enhancer?

Pages : [1] 2

Roush_Stage_3
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Ok guys/gals.
I have a quick question. I have a 2013 Mustang that I just received and it real clean, but I want to enhance the paint to make it really "pop" out in the sun. I could just do a quick detail with the Ultima detail spray and the Sonus microfiber towels. Any suggestions on a great polish/shine enhancer? I usually go with a Zaino polish type product. What is the greatest product you have personally used achieving this affect? I will be doing this by hand in the garage by the way, so it has to be a hand type polish. Pics would be great too. (I am not a pro detailer by any means. Just really anal about my vehicles.)
THANKS!

GearHead_1
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Greatest is relevative to paint hardness, color, age, condition and so many other factorrs. There are just too many great polishes to pick just one. I would suggest you take a look at both PoorBoys and BlackFires product lines. Chances are you won`t piick a loser. It`s not likely that you need a heavy polish at this poiint. That said, most people find that claying a new car yields noticable results. Clay follwed up with a light polish and LSP is likely all that new horse would need.

ShaneB
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
If I was in your position I would probably pick up blackfire gloss enhancing polish and follow that up with the wet diamond all finish paint protection. I hear nothing but good things about black fire products

Bunky
03-21-2013, 07:51 PM
As Gearhead says, the best process is a good wash, clay (if unsure of technique practice first), light polish or paint cleaner, and use your favorite sealant or wax.

Is your mustang the Gotta Have it Green? I would suggest Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant as it will leave a bright glossy finish but there are so many choices.

Wheelzntoys
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Glaze, of course after a fine polish like Optimum.

tropicsteve
03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
If I was in your position I would probably pick up blackfire gloss enhancing polish and follow that up with the wet diamond all finish paint protection. I hear nothing but good things about black fire products
+1 on the blackfire products. after the bfwd cures, hit with a coat of bfms or bfms spray wax for that wet ice over fire shine. you won`t regret it.:bigups

steeda
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
A trick I use when I show my Cobra is to apply a quality glaze. You lose durability but you can`t beat the look. I personally prefer WetGlaze2.0

Roush_Stage_3
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just want to make the color "pop" as much as I can in the sun. I have deciding to do! lol

Orinda Auto Detail
03-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I`ll just throw this combo out there because it works very well. Black Fire SRC Finishing polish by hand or machine. Black Fire Wet Diamond 2 coats 4 hours apart. Then 24 hours later put on Black Fire Midnight Sun and you will be blown away. It doesn`t matter what color the car is this is a blinding combo. Just my 2 cents

Roush_Stage_3
03-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I`ll just throw this combo out there because it works very well. Black Fire SRC Finishing polish by hand or machine. Black Fire Wet Diamond 2 coats 4 hours apart. Then 24 hours later put on Black Fire Midnight Sun and you will be blown away. It doesn`t matter what color the car is this is a blinding combo. Just my 2 cents
Thanks Jsmooth.

07gtcs
03-22-2013, 08:02 PM
I totally agree/recommend going with the BF. My avatar was done this way.

DKumarm3
03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Totally agreed with Black Fire combos any BF combo should work.

Roush_Stage_3
03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.:)
Does anyone have any photos to show me with their vehicle with the BF products being used?

tropicsteve
03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.:)
Does anyone have any photos to show me with their vehicle with the BF products being used?
this is my 2000 ford f150. bfgep, and bfms/bfwd -wet ice over fire

Roush_Stage_3
03-24-2013, 12:56 PM
this is my 2000 ford f150. bfgep, and bfms/bfwd -wet ice over fire
That does look great. Thanks!