PDA

View Full Version : Water Tested this week

Bunky
03-10-2013, 05:59 PM
My whole house water filter broke this past week so had the water softener company out to install a fancier filter. During the process, I got the water retested. Our water comes from a community well(s) managed by Aqua so I wanted it check again.

ph=7.1
Hardness= 10 grains HARD
Total Dissolved Solids= 200

I had to run the water in bypass mode so got to experience hard water again - soaps that does not suds well.

Trouble
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I`m glad I don`t have to worry about this. My water is the cleanest in the Country!

What do those numbers mean Al?

tropicsteve
03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
i`ve never had a water softener, but i hear that once you use them, you wouldn`t go back to anything else. here` an interesting chart.http://www.pure-water.com/quality/hard.shtml

Bunky
03-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I`m glad I don`t have to worry about this. My water is the cleanest in the Country!

What do those numbers mean Al?

pH is just pH so 7.1 is good.

Hardness is measured in grains and hardness over 7 or so is considered hard due to high mineral content. Calcium deposits can plug up pipes or leave water spots on everything including paint. It is not unsafe to drink.

Total Dissolved Solids is statement of inorganic and organic materials in the water and from a water aspect also related to scale build up in pipes. Hard water would obviously affect this number.

Of course someone selling water filtration products will make a big deal about what is in your water.