PDA

View Full Version : 15,000 hard-partying sharks swarm Florida for Detailfest

Ronkh
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Bad news, college students: You may have to settle for a suntan on your towel rather than a swim during spring break, because a massive swarm of sharks has turned up to party with you. The 15,000 blacktip and spinner sharks have hit Florida first, but they`re (very slowly) starting to migrate up the East Coast. They`re also pissing everyone off in the process, because they`re swimming only 200 yards away from shore. Their inconsiderate actions are closing beaches, worrying lifeguards and terrifying swimmers up and down the strip. Looks like we`re gonna need a bigger beach.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/2cf045963f1c427e4894e0ba47287e_h366_w650_m6_lfalse _zpsdfc1f879.jpg

Ronkh
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Actually, same thing happened for the 2010 DF

Bunky
03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Maybe the sharks know that around this time large number of partying kids are getting in the water....nature seems to take of things.

Addicted2Bling
03-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Time to go fishing :D

TacoHerder
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Where`s the dolphin submarin when you need it. Im sure you would see the first underwater stampeed if a fake dolphin started chasing them around, LOL.
Carjam TV Shark Submarine Tested Demo Seabreacher Commercial - Carjam TV HD 2013 - YouTube

tropicsteve
03-07-2013, 09:12 PM
no matter when or where you are in the water in florida, you are still part of the food chain.the last shark i saw while in a 17 ft powerboat, was almost as long as the boat i was in. we were less than 100 ft off clearwater beach and i was amazed at how fast it was able to do a 180 turn. people were just playing around in the water and unaware of what lurked a short distance away. as i shouted and pointed, the beach cleared pretty quickly.

ihaveacamaro
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Maybe the sharks know that around this time large number of partying kids are getting in the water....nature seems to take of things.

Hey now... that was me last spring break :rofl

barely made it alive, or at least that`s what my friends tell me as I don`t remember much. :lol2:

TacoHerder
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
This is why I dont really like getting in the ocean at Galveston. There is a lot of sharks, but its even worse as the water is too dirty to see thru. I rent a beach house there every year, 2 years ago I swam thru a pack of jellyfish and got stung all over my body. I would have never thought I would be in a shower rubbing my pee all over my body before.... BUT boy did it stop the stinging and pain. Last year we saw at least a dozen jellyfish carried on the beach a day, i was like rambo running around killing them all with extreme hate.

tropicsteve
03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
This is why I dont really like getting in the ocean at Galveston. There is a lot of sharks, but its even worse as the water is too dirty to see thru. I rent a beach house there every year, 2 years ago I swam thru a pack of jellyfish and got stung all over my body. I would have never thought I would be in a shower rubbing my pee all over my body before.... BUT boy did it stop the stinging and pain. Last year we saw at least a dozen jellyfish carried on the beach a day, i was like rambo running around killing them all with extreme hate.
the proper terminology would be "terminate with extreme prejudice" :)
we have man-o-wars here and they can definitely put you in a hospital in a hurry.

psnt1ol
03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Hmmmm.... I take it that Congress is back in session.