PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?

colinpd137
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Just arrived to my door, its a couple years old.
He said he replaced the "brushes and toggle
switches" before he decided to sell it. I hopped
on it before anyone else could :D

Anyhow, what do ya`ll think?

Air Force Master Blaster
Paid $120.00 total
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/colin_dome_512/IMAG0850_zpsd082d618.jpg

Trouble
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Does it work (have heat)? If so, yes you got a decent deal

:)

P.S. I would`ve offered $40

:)

Stokdgs
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Colin -
Congratulations on winning the Deal of the Century !!! :)

If each motor turns on, and nothing is sounding like it is going to blow up, you are good to go. I cant believe it has already worn through 2 sets of brushes and both switches.. There should be a round black foam filter inside of it - might want to check that -
Wow, they must have rode it hard and put it away wet, right ? (Texas talk that only Texans understand) :) :) :)
Good luck - you are going to be so happy you have this.
I put mine on the top shelf of my Detailing cart and it is so much easier to move around when blowing out or drying a vehicle.
You may need to have a 20amp a/c circuit for this.. I put a a few in my garage already so it has never been a problem..

Enjoy !
Dan F

Trouble
02-28-2013, 04:49 PM
That thing ain`t nothing but a glorified leaf blower/vacume cleaner IMO

Bunky
02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Is that the 8 HP model? I see two switches but the label on the 8 HP usually says 4+4.

colinpd137
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Colin -
Congratulations on winning the Deal of the Century !!! :)

If each motor turns on, and nothing is sounding like it is going to blow up, you are good to go. I cant believe it has already worn through 2 sets of brushes and both switches.. There should be a round black foam filter inside of it - might want to check that -
Wow, they must have rode it hard and put it away wet, right ? (Texas talk that only Texans understand) :) :) :)
Good luck - you are going to be so happy you have this.
I put mine on the top shelf of my Detailing cart and it is so much easier to move around when blowing out or drying a vehicle.
You may need to have a 20amp a/c circuit for this.. I put a a few in my garage already so it has never been a problem..

Enjoy !
Dan F

Awesome, thanks for all the insightful info! Will go check the filter soon. And yes everything turns on and sounds healthy to my knowledge.

That thing ain`t nothing but a glorified leaf blower/vacume cleaner IMO
Well then glory it shall bring me! :rockon

Is that the 8 HP model? I see two switches but the label on the 8 HP usually says 4+4.

Yeah its two 4hp motors, you flip a switch for each motor.

daveinsweethome
02-28-2013, 09:15 PM
machine doesnt have a dedicated heater but creates heat as motor runs. i have read 15 above ambient temperature. sorry but leaf blower suck. too bulky and have long snots that are hard to aim and use. this machine literally saves me 1/2 hour on every detail. badges , trim pieces, grills. door jams, trunk channels it is endless. yes you would do well to find a 20 amp circuit. yes i think you got a great deal. american made with great family ownership.