PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest hmmmm???

Pages : [1] 2

Orinda Auto Detail
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
So I`m thinking about going to detail fest. I actually only wanna go because of the classes. Not that I need a whole lot of help on shining up a car I`m pretty old school in my ways and I think it be good to get caught up on times to make it easier for my employees and my self. Any thoughts? Worth taking a few days off for?

Swanicyouth
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
So I`m thinking about going to detail fest. I actually only wanna go because of the classes. Not that I need a whole lot of help on shining up a car I`m pretty old school in my ways and I think it be good to get caught up on times to make it easier for my employees and my self. Any thoughts? Worth taking a few days off for?

The classes are "mini classes" if they are the same as last year. Basically just a one or 2 hour introduction. It`s a great time though, its worth going. You can ask all the manufacturer reps all kinds of questions, see new products, take advantage of sales, etc... It`s a lot of fun

Pats300zx
02-23-2013, 01:10 PM
It really is a lot of fun. It`s great meeting people from the forums that you have talked and chatted with. All of the vendors will be there and the classes are great. This will be my third DF :)

Reality33
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Yep... go. I cant wait.

BobbyG
02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Me too but I don`t want anyone to know......:)

psnt1ol
02-23-2013, 04:05 PM

I love to go as well if I only could take time off from my regular job. I am sure this could count as a tax write-off since it is business (education) related.

Originally, I thought about bringing the whole family since Disney world is within driving distance.

Maybe next year.

Bunky
02-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Originally, I thought about bringing the whole family since Disney world is within driving distance.

From what I have seen if you are 50% business you can write off 100% expense as a tax right off. The company I worked for had such a multi-day event that included a 1/2 day business meeting and then off for entertainment in the afternoon and evening. It must have been expensive. But I am not qualified to give tax advice.

BobbyG
02-23-2013, 05:24 PM
We`re heading to Disney World in June....:bigups

ihaveacamaro
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Me too but I don`t want anyone to know......:)

Are you going Bobby? I thought you were supposed to be in another country?

ihaveacamaro
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM

DO IT!!!!!!!!! :bigups

Old Pirate
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Great place to be with many vendors there to show their products to everyone. Get to meet other detailers and the folks who run PBMG. In the evening we all get to throw Todd in the hotel pool for some fun....:bigups.....jk

ihaveacamaro
02-23-2013, 07:21 PM
... or are you kidding??

Guess Todd will find out the hard way :lol2:

Old Pirate
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Don`t tell him...................:D

Bunky
02-24-2013, 06:22 AM

He was in Germany last year.

BobbyG
02-24-2013, 06:35 AM

He was in Germany last year.

Al`s memory is sharp and that was last year. I have some travel coming up in April and June but nothing as far as I`m aware of in March other than Autogeek`s Detail Fest.