PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars M101 Side-by-Side Test and Video

ihaveacamaro
02-22-2013, 11:27 PM
So, if anyone follows my threads, you will know that I became a huge fan of M101 after using it.

Well I had a Dodge Viper detail recently and it came back for the rest of its detail so I thought I would try it out on that as well... and it was amazing!

So amazing in fact, that I thought I would make a video showing just how GREAT this stuff is cutting through the worst swirls and leaving a very acceptable finish in one step!

Video in link below. Hope you enjoy!

M101 Video Review Side-By-Side Test - YouTube (http://youtu.be/_KkEV5DimNY)

P.S. If you can`t see the swirls at the end, watch the video in HIGH DEFINITION and FULLSCREEN.

Reflectiveauto
02-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Nice video...what polish did you use to remove the haze left over from the M101 or the MF pad?

ihaveacamaro
02-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Nice video...what polish did you use to remove the haze left over from the M101 or the MF pad?

Thanks for watching!

There really was little to no haze on the clear coat after. It makes sense when you think about how the paint systems on vipers tend to be on the hard side from the factory (from what I hear) and this car has had 13 years for the clear to compact and become even harder.

I tried going over a few places with optimum hyper polish and it really didn`t seem to be improving much at all.

So a one step job with M101... definitely possible with the right situation :lol2:

I couldn`t believe the lack of correction I was getting with some of my most favorite compounds on my test spots. The paint just laughed it off like nothing. The only things that were really working were M105 and now M101.