PDA

View Full Version : new(b) Canadian Eh!

dannyman
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
I`m Dan and I`m a clean freak!!! Unsuccessfully working towards a type B personality! Nowhere even close to it! My wife will suggest "OCD"! :D

I`m Ok with being who I am!

Well here`s my dilemma, late last summer I went and bought a 1999 Corvette and the paint finish on the car is pristine!! The paint looks an inch thick/deep! Unfortunately; I have two other vehicles that I thought were clean and now I realize how much I need paint finish corrective action on both of them!! And; I need to keep the Vette in the same or even better condition!

Thank God for the internet, which lead me to you folks!! I`ve spent a bit of time researching and will spend more than time before I`m finished. I`ll be spending $ on the products I need to keep things looking the way they should! I know there`s always more than one way to skin a cat, and I`ll be asking you knowledgeable folks for help as I tread through these murky waters.

My feeling at this moment is to approach with caution using clay, the PC7424XP and some 5.5 hex-logic pads, with maguiares 105/205.

One question for all of you; and I`ll preface by stating that I`m no youngster, how long has the foam master gun and the two bucket wash been common practice??? :wall

Enjoying you guys (and gals) already!! :lol:

Dan

Wors
02-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome to AutopiaForums Dan!

Pats300zx
02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey Dan,

Welcome to AF. Foam cannons, Foam guns, and the two bucket wash method with grit guards has been around for several years. It`s probably one of the safest ways to reduce marring when washing your car.

Todd@RUPES
02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome to AF!

The two-bucket method of washing has been popular (among us detailing freaks) for the last 10-12 years. I first started hearing about foam guns 5-6 years ago, but I am sure they have been used longer.

Your selection looks like a great start!

Todd

mjlinane
02-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!

dannyman
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome to AutopiaForums Dan!

Thanks!

Hey Dan,

Welcome to AF. Foam cannons, Foam guns, and the two bucket wash method with grit guards has been around for several years. It`s probably one of the safest ways to reduce marring when washing your car.

I could kick myself for not hearing about this before I messed up the clear coat on all the vehicles I`ve owned over the past years!

Now I have something to look forward to! :D

Thanks for the welcome.

Dan

dannyman
02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Welcome to AF!

The two-bucket method of washing has been popular (among us detailing freaks) for the last 10-12 years. I first started hearing about foam guns 5-6 years ago, but I am sure they have been used longer.

Your selection looks like a great start!

Todd

I wish the cleaning methods would have been common knowledge years ago. I had a peek in the forum and have read some of your threads. My selection of products was influenced by some of your statements and explanations. I know that I have found a wealth of information in this forum and it`s because of input from people like yourself! Thanks

Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Thanks!

Dan

polisher
02-18-2013, 10:47 AM
welcome to da club mate

Bunky
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Welcome !!!

rurocking
02-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Welcom to AutopiaForums from nearby Kitchener. This is a great place to get all the information you will ever need to care for your cars.

:autopia:

tropicsteve
02-18-2013, 01:42 PM
welcome to AF. try to stay warm up there Dan !

ihaveacamaro
02-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Welcome!

While way more expensive, I would go the M101/M205 route. It`s so much more newb friendly ;)

M105 is now obsolete in my arsenal. I will probably never buy it again as long as I can get my hands on M101 :D

dannyman
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
welcome to da club mate

Texas Aussie? Thanks, eh!

Welcome !!!

Thank You!

Welcom to AutopiaForums from nearby Kitchener. This is a great place to get all the information you will ever need to care for your cars.

:autopia:

Just a short run down the highway! Seems like I hit the right place in this forum!

Thanks

welcome to AF. try to stay warm up there Dan !

I`ll be heading your way tomorrow. I`ll end up due East of you at Cocoa Beach, in preparation for going to the 500 this Sunday! Looking forward to a change of temperature!

Thanks

Welcome!

While way more expensive, I would go the M101/M205 route. It`s so much more newb friendly ;)

M105 is now obsolete in my arsenal. I will probably never buy it again as long as I can get my hands on M101 :D

I appreciate that info. I`ll check out the M101.

Thanks!

Dan

Merlin
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Welcome!

^ AGREED!
M101 is much cleaner, friendlier and easier to use. It leaves a nicer finish that is very close to LSP ready in one step.

Welcome to AF!

http://www.qwksilver.com/forum/images/smilies/welcome.gif

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/merlinhd03/Harley%20Truck/100th_harley.gif

Merlin