PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to removing S100?

wifehatescar
05-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Just tried some S100 over 2 vehicles. One had EX already and was in the sun. The other had EXP and was in the garage. I would do the whole car and then remove right after I was done applying (looked like it had hazed)

In both cases S100 was like glue to remove.

It went on kinda easy but I thought it`s suppose to be easy to remove? It did not come off NEARLY as easy as EX/EXP does.

Did I do something wrong or is this just how S100 is?

Woob
05-09-2004, 01:24 PM
S100 is ridiculously easy to use. A few dabs from the top of the canister and you will see a oily wax go on. Wipe on and Wipe off. Its like oil, you just buff (VERY easily) with a microfiber. Make it thin and easy. :bigups

tkr128
05-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Don`t apply it to the whole car before removing (don`t let it haze). It`s supposed to be an on/off product. Just apply it to a small section (half a hood or something) and then buff off. I just put my first coat on and it was extremely easy to use.

wifehatescar
05-09-2004, 04:15 PM
ok, I`ll try that next time. It`s suppose to be a hard wax in the jar right? I had to swirl a foam pad on top of the wax to get some on the pad.
To be honest, I think something like EX seems easier to use...I must really be screwing up the S100 application.

Woob
05-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Its easy wax on and off. In some ways EX is suppose to be harder since you have to make it really thin.

Don`t give up its a great wax!

Boss_429
05-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by wifehatescar
ok, I`ll try that next time. It`s suppose to be a hard wax in the jar right? I had to swirl a foam pad on top of the wax to get some on the pad.
To be honest, I think something like EX seems easier to use...I must really be screwing up the S100 application.

Yep, you must be doing something wrong, as S100/P21S is one of the easiest products to apply and remove that you can use.

As already said here............. apply very thin coats to a panel, (quater panel, 1/2 hood........ Etc.) and wipe right off............ don`t let the product sit and haze. Also, don`t use S100 in the direct sun, or on a hot surface.

bemil
05-09-2004, 05:14 PM
I used S100 today for the first time over EX-P on my wifes car, in the shade.

I agree with the others sentiments. Working a panel at a time it went on easily and came off with very little effort.

I was amazed how little dust it created. Great product :wait

wifehatescar
05-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Ok, if a panel at a time doesn`t work I`ll report back. Thanks.

JeffBruce
05-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Did you say you put s100 on in the sun...i think thats a no...no...EX yes..s10o, no..
jeff

wifehatescar
05-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Did 2 cars, one in the sun, one in the shade. It was difficult to remove in both cases.

Woob
05-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Did you really push into the wax when it was in the canister? Did it look oily?

Larry A
05-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Only do half a hood half a trunk and the roof in quarters, and one door and one fender at a time . Use a terry towel or m.f. towel to remove. S100 is soooooooooo easy.

wifehatescar
05-10-2004, 08:02 AM
It was fairly hard and dry. When I swirled the foam pad in it ~5 times it transfered enough wax to do say 1/3 of a hood.

CharlesW
05-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Taken from the directions on the S100 container:

1. Do not apply wax in hot sun or to hot surfaces.

2. Wax a section at a time.

3. For best results, do not wait for wax to fully haze over.

Taken from various of your posts.

I would do the whole car and then remove right after I was done applying (looked like it had hazed)
See number 2 and number 3 above.

Did I do something wrong or is this just how S100 is?
Unfortunately, I think you may have done the entire process wrong.

Did 2 cars, one in the sun, one in the shade. It was difficult to remove in both cases.
See number 1 above.

It was fairly hard and dry. When I swirled the foam pad in it ~5 times it transfered enough wax to do say 1/3 of a hood.
That seems like an awful lot of S100 to do 1/3 of a hood of even a very, very large vehicle. One wipe, possibly two across the S100 will usually do about a 2` x 2` section for me.

S100 is truly a wipe on, wipe off product. No rubbing whatsoever should be needed to apply or remove it.
Do try it again since it is a really good looking last step product.
:)
Charles