PDA

View Full Version : Tuf Shine black restore

boostedmoose003
01-31-2013, 06:58 PM
I am working on getting a list of products I want to get near spring time. I am looking for a good trim restore product for my Cherokee`s faded bumper caps. The Tuf Shine kit caught my eye while looking but I have not come across any reviews of it. Anyone have any experience with it or other similar products that will last and not just run off? I have been using Meguiar`s Ultimate Black, while it works well and doesn`t run off in the rain, durability is only about two weeks.

Custom Care
01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
CarPro CQuartz DLUX
I have not tried it myself, but I will be adding some on my next order.

Review - http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39786-cquartz-dlux-review.html
Another great review - http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/40184-product-review-carpro-dlux.html

Todd@RUPES
02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
I am working on getting a list of products I want to get near spring time. I am looking for a good trim restore product for my Cherokee`s faded bumper caps. The Tuf Shine kit caught my eye while looking but I have not come across any reviews of it. Anyone have any experience with it or other similar products that will last and not just run off? I have been using Meguiar`s Ultimate Black, while it works well and doesn`t run off in the rain, durability is only about two weeks.

Is your Cherokee`s trim black or gray when new?

boostedmoose003
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Is your Cherokee`s trim black or gray when new?

Black

Todd@RUPES
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Black

Then it will work very well :rockon

Beemerboy
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM

I`ve been using Poorboys Trim Restore for many years and it works wonders. The application in any of these products is 100%..for PB TR I apply, let dwell for a few minutes then buff with a clean cotton towel..This is what keeps the product from running.

If your plastic is faded you will need to apply a few applications every few days or once a week, to get a good build-up going. I did the bumpers on a 96 Sentra that where really bad and after a month or so they looked brand new again