PDA

View Full Version : How did you find this site and become a contributing member?

Pages : [1] 2

RANDAL
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I started GOOGLING "DETAILING" after my FIL passed away and we did a few cars with products he had lefover. This was not the first site I found, but it was the better of the first 2. The other is the other Autopia. The people there were rude. Sorry but thats the way I felt back in 2006. So I followed this site, formerly DETAILCITY very heavy with a few dabblings in the other autopia, Autogeek, Detailers Cafe, POORBOYSWORLD.NET WHERE I NOW GO TO FIRST, and the other forum thats folded into this site, just cant remember the name. Angelo was in charge of that forum, I liked visiting some too.

SO THE QUESTION IS HOW DID YOU FIND THE PRESENT AUTOPIA FORUMS
DISCUSSION FORUM??????

RANDAL IN MUDDY, SLIMEY, SLIPPERY, COOL IOWA, where if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes and in will change, usually for the worse!

BobbyG
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
I was a member on Autogeek. When I heard about AutopiaForums becoming part of the friendly civil Autogeek community I decided to join.....along with half of the existing Autogeek membership.....:lol: :bigups

ihaveacamaro
01-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Joined autogeek, and then joined autopia forums a few months later, I think AG is great, but AF is much more close-knit.

tropicsteve
01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
originally from TID and AG, but this definitely my favorite place to be !

boostedmoose003
01-29-2013, 09:07 AM
I went to go to proper auto care and got re-directed to the Autopia Store and saw a forum listed.

mjlinane
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
AG first as well. I like our group here and really only post welcomes there anymore.

Will say it was the Big Kahuna contest that really got me posting and haven`t looked back.

boostedmoose003
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree with mjlinane. Everyone here is very helpful with answering questions without telling people to just use the search button like many other forums.

Wors
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
I found AutopiaForums through AG. A few posts referred to threads over here. Nice group of members here.

TroyScherer
01-29-2013, 10:14 AM
When I first got into detailing I found Autogeek. As my interest grew I heard and sought out other options as there were more products and techniques then were discussed on AG. I found and join TID (due to Blackfire) & Detail City (Due to experienced members). When TID and DC consolidated into AF, I was still here. Overall I feel like AF is smaller community than AG but I find that I prefer it more and can get more help and answers from members with true experience.

Pats300zx
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I first joined Autopia.org back in 1999 and then found Autogeek in 2006. I finally landed here :)

Great place. Great people. :bigups

Bunky
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
I joined back in June of 2007 when it was Detail City. I am not sure how I found but likely through search engines or a mention on another forum.

Reality33
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Was a member of AG since... um... 2007. I never joined PAC / TID, but purchased from there and loved the tech articles.

When PAC closed down and it became AF, I quickly moved over.

I loved the fact that we could talk about all products and not just those carried by the company (great for write ups) , and also the general friendliness / camaraderie found amongst the members here.

A smaller more tight nit group of people, us. Thats why this is now my home. =D

07gtcs
01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
I googled Detailing after getting my Mustang. I almost had to die to get it, so I decided to research how to really take care of it, and ended up hear. Todd was very helpful and led me to my first producs and had much influence in what products were good for me. And yes they were! Much thanks. Then I found AG, and spend alot of time on both, AG seems to be a bit livlier. No complaints here, well....other than I haven`t won anything yet. LOL

Old Pirate
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Join Autopia ( the other site ) back in 2000, back drop off for years. Rejoin and found this one ( was Detail City at the time ) and AG. Work for PAC when it was open and was in TID and came back from there. I`m also on many other forums but spent most of my time here with you all.:autopia:

RZJZA80
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
First joined autopia.org several years back and kept hearing about this imposter forum that stole their name, so I decided to check it out for myself, and I`m still around here.