PDA

View Full Version : Need help - how to wash of 2 month of winter muck and mud?

ssorange
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi,
I`ve been derelict in keeping my daily driver clean though the early winter months and now its really filthy. There is even mud on the doors. How would you suggest I wash it and what products would you suggest I use.

The car is new and the paint is perfect (or was)

I have a foamaster II and I have access to a pressure washer if necessary, though I hate to have to borrow tools from my brother....

Thanks ahead of time.

RZJZA80
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Depending how bad it is, rinse off the car before washing. If the mud is caked on, pressure washer will be handy to speed things up.

ihaveacamaro
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Pressure wash the entire thing and then do a Garry Dean Rinseless. Hasn`t failed me yet on extremely dirty cars. I do make sure that there is nothing clumpy on any surface before I do the rinseless.

07gtcs
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Preassure wash - rinse, Foam - rinse, Traditional two bucket hand wash.

Van185
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I would probably use the pressure washer, if available and pressure wash the whole thing first. Especailly the wheels and wheelwells, they seem to usually hold the most dirt. The faom gun is good to loosen the dirt, but you still need to wash it by hand afterwards. I would then dry it and check to see if it needs to be clayed. If so do that if not I would polish and wax it really good. That should get you through winter with a few washes. A good coat of wax or sealant will help make the next washes much easier. I use Poorboys Spray and Rinse and the wheels, Tuff Shine on the tires, Chemical Guys wash, Chemical Guys Blacklight (most of the time) and then top it with XMT 180 or Nattys. FOr hard to get out stains on the interior I`ll use Blacklight APC, one of the best I`ve treid. I use other prtoducts but these will give you great result almost every time. Hope that helps a little.

joeyb7
01-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Hi,
I`ve been derelict in keeping my daily driver clean though the early winter months and now its really filthy. There is even mud on the doors. How would you suggest I wash it and what products would you suggest I use.

The car is new and the paint is perfect (or was)

I have a foamaster II and I have access to a pressure washer if necessary, though I hate to have to borrow tools from my brother....

Thanks ahead of time.

Well, everyone`s right so far! What I did the other day was head to the local car wash bay and Pre-soaked the lower panels with some Blackfire APC, let it sit for a few minutes and then power washed it really well. Once I got it home to the garage I then used DP`s waterless wash followed by Blackfire crystal seal. Finally, I treated the tires, trim and sealed the rims. Thankfully my car wasn`t all that dirty or I would have done the whole summer routine starting with a 2 bucket wash, clay then everything else!

Reflectiveauto
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM
car wash...they clean the best

golden1
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
hose off mud and muck.wash wheel wells very well .then cg citrus wash and gloss, two bucket hand wash. i use heated water.if it needs, clay .then polish and cg jet seal 109 :rockonto get ya thru the rest of the cold.interior any shampoo & spot treader with oxy . car wash no no they put salt in lines no salt on cars just on food.not good for paint

Todd@RUPES
01-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, everyone`s right so far! What I did the other day was head to the local car wash bay and Pre-soaked the lower panels with some Blackfire APC, let it sit for a few minutes and then power washed it really well. Once I got it home to the garage I then used DP`s waterless wash followed by Blackfire crystal seal. Finally, I treated the tires, trim and sealed the rims. Thankfully my car wasn`t all that dirty or I would have done the whole summer routine starting with a 2 bucket wash, clay then everything else!

Pics?!?! :bigups

Reflectiveauto
01-23-2013, 12:02 AM
hose off mud and muck.wash wheel wells very well .then cg citrus wash and gloss, two bucket hand wash. i use heated water.if it needs, clay .then polish and cg jet seal 109 :rockonto get ya thru the rest of the cold.interior any shampoo & spot treader with oxy . car wash no no they put salt in lines no salt on cars just on food.not good for paint

I was joking...dont take it to a car wash.

golden1
01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I was joking...dont take it to a car wash.

o OK i guess if you live down in Fla that they probably dot salt there car washes just there food.

ssorange
04-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to belatedly thank you guys for all the advice. I was successful in washing my vehicle. Here is what I did: I used CG Citrus Wash and Gloss with a foaming gun and pressure washer. Let it soak and rinsed. Did this twice on the really filthy spots like behind the front wheels. That got most of the crud off. Then I used a two bucket system with two different microfiber wash mitts, one for the horizontal and one for the vertical surfaces. I used Griots Garage branded ones, they worked really nice. Used CG Wash and Gloss with heated water. (Great tip by the way)
Got the car nice and clean then it rained the next day! Grrrr. :wall

Anyway thanks for the advice!!! Sorry no pictures.