PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Mats

HBblazer
05-08-2004, 04:59 PM
What would you all use to get rubber floor mats clean? ( or they could be vinly) i did an old suburban the other day and the mats really needed some cleaning, i just used a diluted APC but the mats still looked a little faded where i had sprayed it. What to do ?

Ferrarislave
05-08-2004, 08:43 PM
always happans I follow up my own mats with 303 but it might make them slippery for others. I use usally use just carwash soap or dawn wash on them as they dont need anythign to heavy.

dr_detail
05-08-2004, 11:04 PM
For rubber floor mats, I just set them on the ground, spray them with some properly diluted APC, give em a quick scrub with a brush, then blast them with the pressure washer. Then I pick em up, shake `em off, set em back down and spray them with dressing and allow them to dry until I`m done with the interior giving them a light wipe down if needed. If your getting staining where you applied your APC, chances are very good that it`s mixed to strong.

This method also works with super dirty rubber backed carpeted ones. Instead of the dressing, I give them a good sucking with the vacuum, a good wiping with a terry towel, a blow with the air gun then apply brush strokes to the carpet nap, and let them sun dry.