PDA

View Full Version : All-in-One (Vote for your fav)

Pages : [1] 2

colinpd137
01-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Thought i`d do this after searching and going through literally a 100 threads about AIO`s & 1-Step products
looking for comparison information & what not. I`m going to list up the most discussed, relevant, and known
AIO`s here in the polls. Please comment your choice that works best/your favorite and list all you have
tried! I think this will be a great information stand-point and finally collect everyone`s opinion on this
without having to go through and reading "this works, bash that, yada"

So, lets begin!

PA DETAILER
01-15-2013, 07:43 AM
BF TP&S.
i work by hand, so i was looking to streamline down to a one step product. first time i used it i was amazed! the only AIO that disappears into the paint. very easy to use! no dusting. left a stunning finish for a one step.

tropicsteve
01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
for older vehicle finishes i like megs d151, otherwise it`s gotta be BFTPNS.

Van185
01-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I like the Blackfire. GOes on great and easy to remove. Always leave a really good finish.

Pats300zx
01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Wow..A lot of good ones on the list. So hard to choose.

Todd@RUPES
01-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Wow..A lot of good ones on the list. So hard to choose.

Agreed. Lot`s of good stuff (crazy that I am reading the list and I realize I have used almost all of them).

TPnS for me.

TroyScherer
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, that’s quite a list.

There are a few on the list that I have used and will just try and add my thoughts as each excels in it own areas. I am not sure if I can pick the best AIO.

Klasse: All-In-One

IMO one of the best chemical cleaners out there even today
Works great by hand
Leaves a decent layer of protection considering how much it cleans
Another great option / variation is Werkstat Prime. It is an updated version of KAIO and they even have 2 version Prime “reg” & Prime Strong

Optimium: GPS

Spray able AIO
Average in durability
Average cleaning
A little low on correction IMO
Easy to use

Blackfire: Total Polish & Seal

Super easy to use
Wipes off easy
Leaves a nice base for BFWD
Not as durable as others
Not as strong of a cleaner as KAIO
A little low on correction

Pinnacle: XMT 360

One of the thicker AIO’s I have used
Good cleaning
Decent defect removal
Leaves a nice nuba glow and finish
Average durability

Meguiar`s: #6 Cleaner Wax

A good OTC option for a cleaner wax
Average in durability
Average cleaning

Chemical Guys: Blacklight

Easy to use
An okay Finish
More of glaze IMO

dd1101
01-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Dg501 and TPnS are tied in my books.

Gurge
01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
klasse AIO I keep on hand for polishing metal more than anything these days. great chemical cleaner. I like it on paint, just a bit expensive compared to some other stuff and the protection does last very long IME. I sell some antiques on ebay for a friend and very often to clean up the items I`ll use sprayway followed by KAIO hand application (on the metals, glass, plastic)

XMT360 is one of my top choices for AIO marine work. Since it has a little bite it knocks down light oxidation. My second AIO choice for boats is Poorboys polish w/ carnauba white as it is more friendly in the sun and since its while you run no risk of staining white gelcoat with an off color product

My favorite for cars has to be poorboys polish with sealant. just so easy to use, cleans really well, and leaves a great shine. Plus decent durability I`ve found. I`ve used it on hot days in direct sunlight, near freezing cold days, and even once during a sun shower. It is never difficult to work with. Second choice here is XMT360, again for the little bit of diminishing abrasive.

I`ve also used Megs #6, Megs d301 finishing wax, & griots 1 step sealant but I don`t reach for them all that often. I just picked up blacklight but have yet to try it. Opti-Seal is on the way so I have it on hand for my Opti-Coat clients.

RZJZA80
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
105/501 followed by KAIO, and then Poli-Seal

colinpd137
01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Keep the good responses coming! :D

Beemerboy
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Poorboys polish with sealant that`s been my go to for years

RPPM
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Agree on Poorboys Polish with Sealant. Change your pad for more or less correction, also doesn`t leave an overly sealant type glassy look.

Orinda Auto Detail
01-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Call me old school. Love some Klasse AIO, My favorite for jambs!

golden1
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Chemical Guys: Blacklight

Easy to use( agree )
An okay Finish (disagree i love it )
More of glaze IMO ( disagree i feel it`s very well rounded it does it" all in one" )