PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

dd1101
12-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi AF....:D

Hows is everyone enjoying their holiday? Hope everyone is doing well and praying it warms up so I can wash my car :rockon

Orinda Auto Detail
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Going Awesome! I got crazy spoiled this year. How bout you my friend? Still can`t wait to see your jeweled up Acura:rockon

skibik
12-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Everything is great here. Just hibernating for the day. I have a 4 month wait for it to warm up here enough to go outside and wash the car. LOL. Have a good day!

Dean. :yay

dd1101
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Going Awesome! I got crazy spoiled this year. How bout you my friend? Still can`t wait to see your jeweled up Acura:rockon

Thats great man, This WV winter is killing my plans on jeweling. Usually during the holidays I would in FL but all my vacations days got burned early this year. Whats your favorite 5.5 pad for jeweling?

dd1101
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Everything is great here. Just hibernating for the day. I have a 4 month wait for it to warm up here enough to go outside and wash the car. LOL. Have a good day!

Dean. :yay

Yea me too. I really want to try the fuzion that we won :autopia:

tropicsteve
12-28-2012, 01:14 PM
as a fellow OCDetailer, i`m surprised you haven`t found a heated garage to rent by now.:D

dc52nv
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Things are going great except I`ve been dying to wash my car for a month now. This weather is making it impossible. I`ve received several new products but can`t use them. Very frustrating as you can imagine.

dd1101
12-28-2012, 01:28 PM
as a fellow OCDetailer, i`m surprised you haven`t found a heated garage to rent by now.:D

Steve I am not gonna lie, I have been calling storage rental places asking for a heated unit with a couple of electrically outlets :rockon No luck.

dd1101
12-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Things are going great except I`ve been dying to wash my car for a month now. This weather is making it impossible. I`ve received several new products but can`t use them. Very frustrating as you can imagine.

give it a Ultima makeover ASAP.....

dc52nv
12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
give it a Ultima makeover ASAP.....

I plan to as soon as it stops raining. :D

Orinda Auto Detail
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Thats great man, This WV winter is killing my plans on jeweling. Usually during the holidays I would in FL but all my vacations days got burned early this year. Whats your favorite 5.5 pad for jeweling?
Red or Blue. If you need some correction first go with white then switch to red!

skibik
12-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Yea me too. I really want to try the fuzion that we won :autopia:

Me too. But I am waiting until spring so I can strip off the winter protection and start from scratch. My plan is to lay down some BFWD, then BFCS and top it with the Fuzion.

I actually can heat up my garage using one of those forced air propane torpedo heaters. A couple downsides to that is that even though I can get it up to 60 to 65 degrees the surface temp of the car just doesn`t want to warm up so waxes and QD just doesn`t work like they should. The other downfall is that once it hit above 60 it means the heater has been running for quite some time there gets to be some carbon monoxide build up. Even though I have an insulated garage the door aren`t and have slight gaps which is a good thing so I get some fresh air to dissipate the gas.

Dean. :bigups

Todd@RUPES
12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Me too. But I am waiting until spring so I can strip off the winter protection and start from scratch. My plan is to lay down some BFWD, then BFCS and top it with the Fuzion.

I actually can heat up my garage using one of those forced air propane torpedo heaters. A couple downsides to that is that even though I can get it up to 60 to 65 degrees the surface temp of the car just doesn`t want to warm up so waxes and QD just doesn`t work like they should. The other downfall is that once it hit above 60 it means the heater has been running for quite some time there gets to be some carbon monoxide build up. Even though I have an insulated garage the door aren`t and have slight gaps which is a good thing so I get some fresh air to dissipate the gas.

Dean. :bigups

I remember cleaning cars in my garage in the winter (in Chicago), using a torpedo heater. We used to wash them with warm/hot water to warm the surface of the paint.

golden1
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
have a shelter beside my work shop.i would take and run heat way up in shop had blower i would mount in window with 8 in duct hooked to blower and hang it in rafter under shelter with tarps around sides to close it in.heat water by gallon on Coleman stove .lol it worked :)

PA DETAILER
12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
detailing withdraw here. nothing over 28 the past few days. and it is really going to get cold mid week.