PDA

View Full Version : New Detailer Chicago South Suburbs

JTSchubert
12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Hello everybody,

I have been a hobby detailer up until now, doing friend`s and family`s vehicles and taking an immense amount of pride and satisfaction in doing so.

I have decided that after saving up for some time now to start my own business. Originally I went from looking at bars, to dry cleaners, to restaraunts, but none of which really could capture anything that I truly liked. I think detailing will be something that I could be genuinely happy at in the long term, as not only someone with OCD when it comes to vehicle ethestics but a car enthusiast as well.

I am going to spring for the better equipment and run things out of my garage at home after work to see if I can build a client base before blowing all my startup capitol on buying a shop, and quitting my "day job".

From everything that I have already read and researched on this site it`s easy to see I am in good company with a lot of knowledgable industry insiders. I look forward to working with all of you.

Wors
12-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!

TacoHerder
12-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find with the detailing supplies we have available now, you really dont need that much equipment to get a good job up and running. There`s a lot of new ideals and techniques running around here to help you out. And dont forget the awesome sales and customer service they offer.

JTSchubert
12-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah I can definately tell that there are a lot of pros here that aren`t defined by fancy equipment. I have just purchased the Griots garage and meguiars paint perfection kit, thinking about dodo juice for the rinseless wash to be applied with an inline mixer. Is it worth it to spring for a heavy duty carpet extractor?

Pats300zx
12-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Welcome to AF.

mjlinane
12-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Reality33
12-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Welcome to Autopia Forums and good luck in your new venture!

Todd@RUPES
12-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Hello everybody,

I have been a hobby detailer up until now, doing friend`s and family`s vehicles and taking an immense amount of pride and satisfaction in doing so.

I have decided that after saving up for some time now to start my own business. Originally I went from looking at bars, to dry cleaners, to restaraunts, but none of which really could capture anything that I truly liked. I think detailing will be something that I could be genuinely happy at in the long term, as not only someone with OCD when it comes to vehicle ethestics but a car enthusiast as well.

I am going to spring for the better equipment and run things out of my garage at home after work to see if I can build a client base before blowing all my startup capitol on buying a shop, and quitting my "day job".

From everything that I have already read and researched on this site it`s easy to see I am in good company with a lot of knowledgable industry insiders. I look forward to working with all of you.

Bunky
12-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Welcome !!!!

Orinda Auto Detail
12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome to AF!

JTSchubert
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks everybody!

Gurge
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah I can definately tell that there are a lot of pros here that aren`t defined by fancy equipment. I have just purchased the Griots garage and meguiars paint perfection kit, thinking about dodo juice for the rinseless wash to be applied with an inline mixer. Is it worth it to spring for a heavy duty carpet extractor?

carpet extractor definitely not a must when starting out. you can get acceptable results with shop vac + folex + carpet brush

personal preference, but I like ONR for rinseless wash (and clay lube for that matter)

tropicsteve
12-20-2012, 04:22 PM
welcome to AF and good luck with your new enterprise !