PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need any interior detailing tips?

Pages : [1] 2

Orinda Auto Detail
12-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I`m about to tackle the inside of a destroyed kid wagon. Since I hate doing interiors the only way I can keep my soul from dieing while I`m doing it is to document. So is there any specific area`s anyone want me to go crazy with documenting on? Some area of interiors that gives you trouble? My test car has it all, Kid crums, Dog hair, stains, light color, seriously screwed up leather, vents... Name its all destroyed. I would like to think the system I use doing an interior is pretty much as fail proof and efficient as possble because really who wants to waste time on something kills your soul.

ca.detailchick
12-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks!

I dislike trashed interiors as much as you do! I think I have interiors down pretty well.The only one thing I could really do better is getting it done faster so any tips on speed would be appreciated!

One like your describing usually takes me at least 5 hours min and have even spent 7 hours on kid /dog thrashed vans before.

Orinda Auto Detail
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks!

I dislike trashed interiors as much as you do! I think I have interiors down pretty well.The only one thing I could really do better is getting it done faster so any tips on speed would be appreciated!

One like your describing usually takes me at least 5 hours min and have even spent 7 hours on kid /dog thrashed vans before.
I got ya covered there I`ll do step by step 4 ya because I know this will only take me 2-3 hours tops

ca.detailchick
12-14-2012, 01:32 PM
I got ya covered there I`ll do step by step 4 ya because I know this will only take me 2-3 hours tops
Is there any caffeine or substance abuse involved in that time frame?:D

Orinda Auto Detail
12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Red bull is a must lol

ca.detailchick
12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Red bull is a must lol
I knew it!:lol2:
I need a healthier alternative.Maybe green tea extract would work.Or maybe I just need to be 30 years old again!

Addicted2Bling
12-14-2012, 04:46 PM
I am so glad you made this thread. The last 2 cars I`ve done the interior had alot of skin grease, kinda like the grease you find on a steering wheel. The way I`ve been taking it off is APC and a scrub brush, is there a better way? Is there some kind of miracle chemical that will help it just wipe off? I thought about using blue coral foam.

On second thought maybe the answer to my problem is raising my prices

ca.detailchick
12-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I am so glad you made this thread. The last 2 cars I`ve done the interior had alot of skin grease, kinda like the grease you find on a steering wheel. The way I`ve been taking it off is APC and a scrub brush, is there a better way? Is there some kind of miracle chemical that will help it just wipe off? I thought about using blue coral foam.

Optimum power clean is awesome for cleaning interiors . You still may need to scrub or use a brush but not for long .Best APC Ive found.

Armorall cleaning wipes are pretty powerful too and dont require scrubbing but get expensive if your using them alot.

Orinda Auto Detail
12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Honestly man I love Mr Clean Magic erasers for this. Get the Xtra power ones. They work awesome on hard surfaces and even on some leather. Just use it with a bottle of water and act like your claying what ever cleaning. Min pressure just let the sponge do it work and keep it damp. Works wonders and goes quick

Orinda Auto Detail
12-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh and raising prices is always a good ideal if you can get away with it. If it helps anytime I`m gonna raise prices I do it over a 6 month period a little at a time so customers don`t notice a huge increase all at one time. Last time I went 100$ on my price for full details(not paint correction, just one step) And I did it in 20$ increments over the coarse of 5 months. I think one person noticed.

Addicted2Bling
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Honestly man I love Mr Clean Magic erasers for this. Get the Xtra power ones. They work awesome on hard surfaces and even on some leather. Just use it with a bottle of water and act like your claying what ever cleaning. Min pressure just let the sponge do it work and keep it damp. Works wonders and goes quick

Thanks man, this helps out alot. I`ve always used magic erasers on boats and they do an awesome job, I`ve never once thought about using it in a car. Great idea!

dc52nv
12-14-2012, 08:42 PM
I`d love some guidance on how to properly clean the windshield from the inside the easiest way possible. I`ve tried that triangle shaped extender and it doesn`t work very well for me. Should I spray down the windshield or spray the product onto the towel, then wipe?

Pats300zx
12-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Should I spray down the windshield or spray the product onto the towel, then wipe?

I always use two towels. I never spray directly onto the interior windshield. I spray onto the towel. Wipe..and follow with a second towel.

golden1
12-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Well i have you beat on kid mess i have jeep cherokee that was used as a cat rescue vehicle it has over turned litter box droppings and cat hair must be inch thick in most places and i don`t like cats arrrggggg :wall but is a favor for my best customer so i must deal. don`t know about the smell i doubt stripper scent is the thing for that smell

GTO_04
12-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Dog hair removal is by far the most difficult task when it comes to interior detailing! I get decent results with a strong shop vac, rubber brush, and extra large Evercare brand lint removers, but am always looking for new tips.

Thanks for doing this writeup!

GTO_04