PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401, best deals?

Pages : [1] 2

colinpd137
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
In the market for a flex, iv`e been using a PC for quite awhile now and think its time to upgrade.

Iv`e already ordered the 4 3/8 backing plate for the flex, and plan to use 5-5.5 inch pads. Right now I can`t for the life of me find any LC Hybrid pad package deals. I`m not a fan of the CCS line, usually just use LC Flat pads.

Should I wait closer to Christmas to purchase one or are there better deals going on i`m unaware about?

addysdaddy
12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
You won`t be disappointied in the Flex. Great machine. Consider the LC Hybrid pads was well. I use those along with my HT pads with great results. Good luck.

Rocket
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Order before next year. I heard pricing will increase after the 1st of the year.

colinpd137
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
You won`t be disappointied in the Flex. Great machine. Consider the LC Hybrid pads was well. I use those along with my HT pads with great results. Good luck.

Yes, that`s what i`m looking for is LC Hybrid`s & Flex all in a kit, but still dumbfounded. Its so popular why wouldn`t they make a kit for it?

Order before next year. I heard pricing will increase after the 1st of the year.

Hmm, I heard that awhile back but didn`t know if it was just a rumor. Good to know thanks.

NWClassicDetail
12-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Been wondering about the FLEX polishers, especially the circular polisher

"FLEX L3403 VRG Lightweight Circular Polisher"
Any experience with this?

TroyScherer
12-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Been wondering about the FLEX polishers, especially the circular polisher

"FLEX L3403 VRG Lightweight Circular Polisher"
Any experience with this?

If you want a rotary flex polisher I would suggest the PE14.

NWClassicDetail
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
If you want a rotary flex polisher I would suggest the PE14.

Good idea, i was thinking about buying the kit as soon as i`m able.

Thanks
:bigups

addysdaddy
12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Honestly I think the difference between the bundle and buying everything ala carte/on sale is negligible. Try and find a discount on the machine (which is difficult) and the pads you want can generally be had for 15%-20% off. Make your own kit.

colinpd137
12-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Honestly I think the difference between the bundle and buying everything ala carte/on sale is negligible. Try and find a discount on the machine (which is difficult) and the pads you want can generally be had for 15%-20% off. Make your own kit.

True, guess ill just hope for a sale soon! AG is running 15% right now but would only apply to pads I assume.

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 01:27 AM
True, guess ill just hope for a sale soon! AG is running 15% right now but would only apply to pads I assume.

AG generally runs a good special for 6 to 12 hours at the end of the year. Last year, it was 20% off no exceptions. That would be your best option in terms of price.

I wonder if Autopia will do something similar this year...

colinpd137
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM
AG generally runs a good special for 6 to 12 hours at the end of the year. Last year, it was 20% off no exceptions. That would be your best option in terms of price.

Maybe so, but if not there`s always price match. Just would have to call & place my order. AG and Autopia are 2 sides of the same coin pretty much.

Paul Sparks
12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Right now you are seeing a lot of great deals on used Flex 3401`s where guys are switching to the new Rupes. Just look around on some of the different forums. When on a low budget (Should read I`m cheap) like myself every penny counts.

addysdaddy
12-11-2012, 07:04 AM

I would wait for this sale!! 20% off any of the machines would be a slamming deal. Let me also recommend buying at least 4 pads of each color that you need. I have a cabinet full of crimson HT pads so I didn`t buy any of the hybrid black finishing pads. (same thing only different) The white hybrids are terrific. Because most of what I do is maintaining, I bought 2x as many white pads then the others.

The other "must" accessory" is the LC interchangeable backing plate system. If you going with the 5" pads, it`s actually a requirement - the 6.5" pads fit fine on the standard 5.5" bp that`s included with the base machine. However if you want to run with the 5" pads, you have to have this accessory. Since I happened to catch a 25% off sale, I also bought the 4 3/8" bp so I can use my 5.5" HT pads.

SonOfOC
12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
IMO, I would buy the Flex seperately. Bundles, usually have a few items that are "okay", but not "exactly" want you want.

If you are going to have only one Flex, then go with the 3401.

addysdaddy
12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
IMO, I would buy the Flex seperately. Bundles, usually have a few items that are "okay", but not "exactly" want you want.

If you are going to have only one Flex, then go with the 3401.

My thoughts exactly. Good luck.