PDA

View Full Version : Naming my detailing venture

Pages : [1] 2

2drtahoez71
05-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I was all set on "Showroom Shine" for the past month, but it turns out somebody in my area alreayd has that name.

Any suggestions?

Im not really into the whole "[Last name] mobile detailing", it just sounds too old fashioned, which may work for a bakery (my parents own a bakery that is [last name] bakery) but not for a detailing business.

I want something that just makes you think "wet""shiney""glossy""clean", etc.

jason rawls
05-06-2004, 09:52 PM
How bout "Wet Dreams Auto Detail" -nah just kiddin. Actually thinking of name can be the hardest part of starting a business.I think a name that is catchy is the way to go that way people will remember it.Whatever it is, if your not quite sure whether or not you like it, you need to think of something else.

bigron62
05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
MINE IS PROSHINE PROFESSIONAL DETAILING SERVICES

treestand
05-06-2004, 10:45 PM
http://thesaurus.reference.com/

a thesaurus can be helpful for thinking up catchy words

69 GTO Judge
05-07-2004, 07:35 AM
And mine is Show Shine Detailing Services. Good luck with finding a name that works for you.

bozack23
05-07-2004, 07:45 AM
2drtahoez71, how did you find out someone else has your business name. did you just see it or is there a company that will search that for you?

69 GTO Judge
05-07-2004, 08:43 AM
And mine is Show Shine Detailing Services. Good luck with finding a name that works for you.

69 GTO Judge
05-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Sorry about the double posting. The screen froze and when I refreshed it posted again.

Jngrbrdman
05-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I started operating under "ProAuto Detail" just as sort of a working title till I decided on one. Well, the working title has lasted for 7 years now so I guess its more than that. I am going to change it to "Obsessive Compulsive Detailing" one of these days, but I think for now I`m going to stick with ProAuto Detail and use the OCD line as a slogan or something. I`ve always gone with "Isn`t it about time you washed your car?" but I like the OCD thing better. Decisions decisions......

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that no matter what you pick, even if you don`t like it now, you might find that it grows on you. ...kinda like cancer. :lol

2drtahoez71
05-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by bozack23
2drtahoez71, how did you find out someone else has your business name. did you just see it or is there a company that will search that for you?
i just saw it in the yellow pages.

OCD detailing... :lmfao

Beemerboy
05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Daves` Detailing I started out with that years ago and its just stuck. When I get calls that are referals, they say. I was told that Dave is the guy you want doing your car. The name is one part, its the repuataion that makes the name branded

Focusedonsound
05-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Shine detailing
A touch of class Detailing
Show class detailing
New shine detaling

just a few ... maybe that will help you get the thought process going again. I tend to be able to come up w/ names fairly quickly being that i work in marketing and design.

2drtahoez71
05-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Beemerboy
its the repuataion that makes the name branded
very true.

focusedonsound...thanks for the ideas, those sound pretty good.

How does The Ultimate Detail" sound?

Focusedonsound
05-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I like that name...

Im a very fond beleiver of keeping it short but sweet. You may want to keep the name short (something catchy and easy to remember) and then add a slogan below.

Something like

We Care more about your car than you do! j/k
A very popular one is
Treat your car to a day at the spa!
Or maybe something like ...
So clean dirt doesn`t even want to touch it.
I think you get the idea though just a thought

bozack23
05-07-2004, 12:30 PM
A very popular one is
"Treat your car to a day at the spa!"

Didn`t think i was the only one with that slogan. but i had never seen it anywhere before....