PDA

View Full Version : Questions on using UPGP for windshield?

skibik
11-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I didn`t want to piggyback on the other thread on the question of this product. I received this yesterday as the free gift from this past Sunday`s deal. I noticed on the bottle it says it can be used for glass treatment but there are no instructions for applying to glass. My questions are: has anyone used this product for a glass sealant? If so, what does a person need to use to prep or clean the windshield prior to applying this and what are the proper application steps to applying the product such as WOWO or WOWA, etc.? I also have BFCS and the only reason I have this sealant is because I needed a couple more items and couldn`t pass up the weekend deal and added a couple more items to the cart. I only have one car and was planning on using this on the wheels and door jams and leave the BFCS for the main body panels but this is a lot of sealant I have now and would like to put it to other uses besides collecting dust on the shelf. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean. :cool:

glen e
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
apply just like paint...don`t overthink it...clean the windshield with whatever you use and apply..2 coats a couple hours apart...

Todd@RUPES
11-30-2012, 11:28 PM
As Glen suggested, prep the glass similar to paint. That is clean it and clay it if necessary. Then apply the UPGP similar to how you would on paint and enjoy!

skibik
12-01-2012, 05:28 AM
apply just like paint...don`t overthink it...clean the windshield with whatever you use and apply..2 coats a couple hours apart...

Thank you, that is kind of what I thought was to apply like you would to the paint. The advise on waiting a couple hours between coats I never would have thought that double thanks on that.

As Glen suggested, prep the glass similar to paint. That is clean it and clay it if necessary. Then apply the UPGP similar to how you would on paint and enjoy!

Thanks for the advise.

But I really would like to thank you and the ACC group for the wonderful deal this past weekend. I had passed on buying the Snow Brum on the last order a couple weeks ago then decided I should have ordered it to try out, I never would have placed an order if it weren`t for the awesome deal on BF products and the discount at the checkout along with the free product. So as a X-mas gift to myself I decided to buy the Snow Brum, BF foam gun, BFRW (I wanted to try it and compare to the DPRWNG I bought earlier) and a BF chemical sprayer.

Thanks,
Dean. :santa2

ihaveacamaro
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Thank you, that is kind of what I thought was to apply like you would to the paint. The advise on waiting a couple hours between coats I never would have thought that double thanks on that.

Thanks for the advise.

But I really would like to thank you and the ACC group for the wonderful deal this past weekend. I had passed on buying the Snow Brum on the last order a couple weeks ago then decided I should have ordered it to try out, I never would have placed an order if it weren`t for the awesome deal on BF products and the discount at the checkout along with the free product. So as a X-mas gift to myself I decided to buy the Snow Brum, BF foam gun, BFRW (I wanted to try it and compare to the DPRWNG I bought earlier) and a BF chemical sprayer.

Thanks,
Dean. :santa2

Off topic, but how do you like your injen cai? I`ve had mine for about 2 years now and it`s still awesome! :)

Did they change the cai in any way now that engine is slightly different and the headers are integrated?

skibik
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Off topic, but how do you like your injen cai? I`ve had mine for about 2 years now and it`s still awesome! :)

Did they change the cai in any way now that engine is slightly different and the headers are integrated?

I am not sure if there had been any changes to the CAI since they came out for this car. As far as do I like it, I would say yes because it seemed as though my MPG went up but then I was still breaking it in when I installed it. I mainly like it because it has the K&N style air filter unfortunately it is not made by K&N. I bought it because it was supposed to add up to 15 HP and with the 323 HP the 2012 supposedly already has I never noticed any difference. Not sure if it actually helped MPG because I was breaking in the car when installed at around 1500 miles, currently 6500 miles on car in the 6 months I had it. Through summer I hit 29.1 on my best tank and averaged 28 and I can`t keep my foot out of it because I love to here that V6. I figured I could break over 30 if I drove it like an average person. Only average 23 MPG now being it is cold. The only con to this Injen CAI is that I never got the washer fluid bottle relocation kit, I think you can get it. You have to pull the 4 screws and the cover off to fill it. I hardly use washer fluid and only had filled it once since I bought it and it didn`t need it but I was doing a detail and checking all fluids at the time.

Not sure if you have put any type of exhaust on your car. But I have put the MRT V2.0 on my car the first week I had it and it was the best $550 I spent on my ride, this is made by Morano Racing. I would recommend this exhaust to any V6 Camaro owner. I bought it at Camaro5racing.com. I do not have no affiliation with the company or any person selling it. I couldn`t see spending an extra $10,000 on an SS, actually couldn`t really afford it or justify it. I did research on exhaust before I even bought the car and found a few different exhaust systems for this car on YouTube and thought this sounded the best. No it is not a V8 but this sound is close. I just love listening to it when I get on the gas. I have had a couple people that couldn`t believe it was a V6 at idle. I am still on the fence if I should put JB (I think is the brand) shorty headers on. Not sure how much I would benefit from them. Only other mods are the stripes you see, it is not as fancy as yours (I think I mentioned before it is different, it is not me but I think it looks great on your blue car) but needed to break the basic black look and I like the basic look it gave.

Sorry for being long winded. I am into cars a little, am a long way from being a true die hard car nut. I just like talking about cars sometimes a little too much, especially when it is my own.

Now I have to ask if you have done any mods to yours, I would like to hear?

Dean. :hotrod2: