PDA

View Full Version : pro/hobby detailing poll

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
just a cross section poll to see how the hobby stands.

piaaump
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Excellent idea for a poll...........I put myself in as a weekend detailer, although I prefer myself more as an avid enthusiast....I have way too much product and tools and time invested to be considered a hobbyist and I have done the occaisonal job for cash....

Old Pirate
11-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I started around the very early 70`s during it PT and still doing it. Have detail cars in the far east and also saw the first clay bar`s there in the 80`s.

Paul Sparks
11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Need a "other" selection. Started out as a hobby but since retiring from my previous career I detail for money but appointment only. Since this is not my main source of income I`m picky as to what I take on and usually limit myself to a car a week or less.

rurocking
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I pick weekend detailer. I mostly do my car and the wife`s car and there are about 4-5 other cars I do for friends and family. I really enjoy detailing, I would do more cars but I think my wife would kill me if I spent anymore time then I already do. If I had my way I would do any cars that looked like they should be done just for the cost of my supplies and have them help so they can appreciate better what all is evolved in making a car look nice.

Addicted2Bling
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
I would say a mix of main income and hobby. Even though it`s my job, I still feel like it`s more of a hobby. I`m always giving out free `extras` on each detail. And damn do I enjoy it:)

Beemerboy
11-28-2012, 06:19 PM
It`s been a weekend job for me for years, there have been a few times that it did support us, while I was looking for work in my given field.

Concours.John
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
It`s my sole source along with restoration (extreme detailing, lol)

RTfish
11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Weekend detailer here - but would like to learn more so I can do a few jobs every month to supplement my income / pay for my detailing supplies. :)

flamed03vert
11-29-2012, 07:56 AM
It`s definitely a hobby for me. Being active duty military ensures I wouldn`t make much revenue from it if I tried to do it as a sideline. I also notice lots of people want thier cars and trucks to look nice like mine but no one is willing to pony up more than the $25 the local swirl master charges for a quicky wash and vacuum.
To the guys that do it as thier buisness, or as a part timer, I salute you for making you passion your job. If you truly enjoy your occupation you will never work a day in your life.

Pats300zx
12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Weekend detailer for me. I used to do some detailing on the side for money but it just seems I don`t have the time for that anymore :(

Nth Degree
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Had to vote side $ for now. I am working toward it being my main income but it`s just not there yet.

bbsd535
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
started out as a hobby and I turned it into a business, in addtion to my full-time job.

Junkman2008
12-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Strictly a stress reliever and past time for me. Something I do for fun and when I feel like doing it. I love showing others the way and can talk about it for hours. I couldn`t do it for money because no one but Jay Leno would pay my prices and I would need at least three weeks for the exterior alone... per car! I would never do anyone`s interior. I`m just too damn old!

TroyScherer
12-21-2012, 09:40 AM
I voted "weekend detailer". Although I do some cars for others as well. But not enough to really consider it a side job...