PDA

View Full Version : Wife teasing me with gift! D:

Pages : [1] 2

dc52nv
11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Like the title states, with my birthday early next month my wife asked me what I wanted. Told her I`d like some detailing products. She agreed so I built my cart and was coming close to $300 when she took a peak and told me to remove some items. :( Like anyone else would do I removed some inexpensive products and asked her, better? :D She quickly noticed the price dropping was not so much so then rephrased her comment to drop the price down. After messing with the cart for about an hour I showed her the cart totaling $203. She then agreed to buy it for me. Well the box arrived the other day and she won`t let me open it. It`s just sitting on our living room coffee table staring right at me. I tried pleading with her to let me open it but she insist I wait until my birthday. I am now starting to regret letting her buying it for me but it`s hard to deny $200 worth of detailing products. Has anyone suffered like I have?

TroyScherer
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
WOW!!!

I don`t know if I could handle that. I think I would have a knife in my hand opening that box quickly.

BobbyG
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I would have had two orders, one conspicuously hidden, around $200 each.... Once their in the house what`s she going to do anyway...go out and by another Coach pocketbook? :lmfao

juliom2
11-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Just pay her the cash!!!!!!!
therapy is more expensive!!!!!! :scared:

tropicsteve
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
man is that heartless or what? you probably need to do some more groveling, the heartless ones love groveling. :bow

ca.detailchick
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Everyone has to wait till their birthday to open their gifts!!!Just wait and it will be all that much better for waiting!

She must really love you to have spent 200 bucks on you !:D

skibik
11-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Reminds me of when I was a kid and presents under the Xmas tree. Whenever there was a big wrapped one we (big brother involved of course) could never wait until x-mas morning so we would ever so carefully open up one end and check it out and carefully tape it back shut. This is all fine and dandy provided Mom didn`t reuse a box or use a different box.

So if you can`t wait, the things you need are 1 brick and tape identical to what is on the box. You just have to get the stuff back in the box before you open it on your Birthday. Option #2 is place another order for all the same things and then when you finally get to open the box just return it all! :rofl

Dean. :lol2:

dd1101
11-20-2012, 09:45 AM
WOW!!! dude open it from the bottom and fill it up with your old detailing supplies.....

You would be my hero..

tropicsteve
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
WOW!!! dude open it from the bottom and fill it up with your old detailing supplies.....

You would be my hero..

Dhaval you are a OCDetailer genius :rofl

dd1101
11-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Dhaval you are a OCDetailer genius :rofl

I try to be a problem solver..:D

edjoe
11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
:)DC It`s always nice to have something to look forward to! Sounds like a memorable birthday this year. How large of a box is it and is it heavy?

dc52nv
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone for being on my side on this. :D There are some great ideas in here especially on opening the box at the bottom and putting some old products back in it. :lol2: The box is about 30 lbs in weight. :drool:

dd1101
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
OR dude open the box from bottom and put a present in there for her...

Its a Win Win.....

Orinda Auto Detail
11-20-2012, 11:47 AM

Its a Win Win.....
Thats something I would lol. "What no detail supplies??? Oh I think they sent a box with jewelry in it instead!" "Must be yours!" Big smile from her and instant reply from me "Naked time!!!"

dc52nv
11-20-2012, 12:13 PM

Its a Win Win.....

Thats something I would lol. "What no detail supplies??? Oh I think they sent a box with jewelry in it instead!" "Must be yours!" Big smile from her and instant reply from me "Naked time!!!"

This is GOLD! Just have to tape some bricks down and put her present in there. Might get her that little .22 she`s been eyeing for a while now. Her 9mm is too heavy for her purse. :bigups