PDA

View Full Version : New Nanoskin!!!! Rain Plus HYDROPHOBIC Glass Treatment System @ Autopia!

Pages : [1] 2

Todd@RUPES
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Nanoskin Rain Plus Hydrophobic Glass Treatment System (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/nanoskin-rain-plus-hydrophobic-glass-treatment.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autopia_2238_93162900 (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/nanoskin-rain-plus-hydrophobic-glass-treatment.html)

Watch water run in fear from your windshield and exterior glass!

Semi-permanent glass coating that lasts for 1 year
Provides exceptional water and oil repellency
Keep vision clear in the toughest rain conditions

Nanoskin Rain Plus Hydrophobic Glass Treatment creates a tough glass coating that repels oil and water for 12 to 18 months! Nanoskin Rain Plus Hydrophobic Glass Treatment is exceptionally clear and maintains crystal clear vision while dramatically improving wet weather visibility. Apply Nanoskin Rain Plus Hydrophobic Glass Treatment to all of your exterior glass to keep your vision clear regardless of Mother Nature’s plans!!!

Orinda Auto Detail
11-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Ok whats up with the explosion of glass stuff??? Now another one? Todd we the people of Autopiaforum have a right to know which on you think is the best :rofl We demand not having to buy 6 different glass treatments and waste a roll of tape sectioning off a windsheild and waiting 5 months for a winner. And I only say this because I know you probably alread did it. Soooooo?????

TroyScherer
11-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Another player in the game. I too would like to know which offering is best or at least the top 2 so I could decide. I know optimum has a new glass coating for windows as well.

ca.detailchick
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Is there an added benefit beside repelling water to these window treatment products?

Semi -permanent is a word that I like products using more often,I like it!;)

Orinda Auto Detail
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Another player in the game. I too would like to know which offering is best or at least the top 2 so I could decide. I know optimum has a new glass coating for windows as well.

Hey Troy if no body gives an answer i`ll split the difference with you and test half of them and you can test the other half lol

Reflectiveauto
11-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I have spoken the people in the know and they say it is a totally awesome window protectant for shedding water. I have not tried it but everything else I have used is top notch. I will be getting it for this raining season here in WA.st.

Todd@RUPES
11-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Ok whats up with the explosion of glass stuff??? Now another one? Todd we the people of Autopiaforum have a right to know which on you think is the best :rofl We demand not having to buy 6 different glass treatments and waste a roll of tape sectioning off a windsheild and waiting 5 months for a winner. And I only say this because I know you probably alread did it. Soooooo?????

If you like Nanoskin you will probably love this product...

Ummmm I haven`t used it, so I have no idea how great it is, but Nanoskin, like every manufacturer we carry, makes some really great products... I`m sure its great.

I will test some out when we open a containor and I will do a comparison on this forum with them.

Pats300zx
11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Great stuff Todd. Can`t wait to see some reviews on it.

Rocket
11-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I guess I need to order one of each and compare them on each car.

skibik
11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
With the few new window treatments I have seen on this forum since I started a couple months ago are any of those like the old Rain X? I bought a pretty good sized bottle of that stuff and it just sits on my shelf. I really liked that stuff for the shedding properties and when driving in the rain at 60 MPH I hardly used the wipers at all, bad thing when I needed the wipers when you turn them on as they move across the windshield they leave a film of water or haze behind like looking through a light foggy window, that effect only last a second or 2 until it evaporates but it drove me nuts and I quit using it. Whatever my Camaro come with from the dealer 6 months ago is still on my windshield repelling water and it acts just like Rain X. At least the stuff on my windshield that haze or fog seems to disappear a lot quicker then I remember the Rain X ever did but I don`t care for that. If these new products are better than that I would be interested.

Dean.

IID
11-17-2012, 11:49 AM
There are so many excellent glass coatings/sealants out there,and this just add`s to the list.Im curious how this performs at low speeds?

There is also a new glass coating being offered by CarPro-US,that will shed water as low speeds as 30mph (hence the name it`s going to be labeled).

Todd@RUPES
11-19-2012, 07:11 AM
With the few new window treatments I have seen on this forum since I started a couple months ago are any of those like the old Rain X? I bought a pretty good sized bottle of that stuff and it just sits on my shelf. I really liked that stuff for the shedding properties and when driving in the rain at 60 MPH I hardly used the wipers at all, bad thing when I needed the wipers when you turn them on as they move across the windshield they leave a film of water or haze behind like looking through a light foggy window, that effect only last a second or 2 until it evaporates but it drove me nuts and I quit using it. Whatever my Camaro come with from the dealer 6 months ago is still on my windshield repelling water and it acts just like Rain X. At least the stuff on my windshield that haze or fog seems to disappear a lot quicker then I remember the Rain X ever did but I don`t care for that. If these new products are better than that I would be interested.

Dean.

Pinnacle GlassCoat is most like RainX in that it is a thin oil that applies easily. However it is much easier to buff off and lasts considerably longer. Glass Science is another product that we carry that is very similar to RainX (it was developed by the same gentlemen).

Of all that we carry (that I have tested) Pinnacle GlassCoat sheds water at the lowest speeds on my Mazdaspeed.

Reflectiveauto
11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Well I had a conversation with the people in the know and they said this product is a coating will typically last on a windshield for the avg 8-12 months per their testing.

Todd@RUPES
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Well I had a conversation with the people in the know and they said this product is a coating will typically last on a windshield for the avg 8-12 months per their testing.

Well the fun part is testing it out!

Reflectiveauto
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Well the fun part is testing it out!

That is true.......We love to test...