PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys on black !

farghoe
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Detailed my black tahoe this past weekend . Holy Buckets ! I used the following products :

4* Shampoo
Clay Magic
SSR2
SSR1
PWC
EX

I cannot believe how good it looks . I have had quite a few people ask me what I used and I proudly say Poorboys . As I was doing the detailing I could not help but smile while I was working . It truly shocked me at how well the paint reacted to the products . By the way I love my PC ! I got about 90% of the swirls out , should I try SSR3 ?

rhillstr
05-05-2004, 08:54 PM
:showpics

Woob
05-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Don`t use SSR3. Since you`ve gotten 90% no need to bump up to that high of abrasiveness. SSR3 is VERY abrasive. A step higher than DACP.

Those 10% can be minimized by just putting a few more coats of EX (seperated by 24 hours apart / coat) and put a topper on. Layer up and you will surely take the notice away from those swirls.

rhillstr
05-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Don`t waste your time trying to cover swirls up, it`s better just to solve the problem. Work very small sections a little longer with the SSR2 and repeat as needed. You should be able to remove them if they are truly just swirls. If you can feel them with your fingernail, you would be better off with a rotory. SSR3 is for paint repair, not polishing.

farghoe
05-05-2004, 10:29 PM
rhillstr , pics are coming . Hold on to your lugnuts :)

rhillstr
05-05-2004, 11:10 PM
okay okay, i`ll wait...... :lmfao