PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pats300zx
10-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Well things are getting serious on this one here on the East Coast. The storm has an anticipated landfall from NC to DC with a anticipated direct hit at Rehobeth Beach, Delaware as a Cat 1.

Everyone is freaking out and calling it the worse storm since 1962 here.

Not gonna be a good one :(:(:(

Reflectiveauto
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
yeah been watching the updates from WA.st. they are calling it the "FrankenStorm" up here...I hope you have Sealant on your car...good luck.

BobbyG
10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey Pat,

This storm has me a little confused. Not that a category 1 storm can`t be menacing but to me the numbers just don`t add up... I`m not trying to sound caviler but if you listen to the meteorologists it`s like the storm of the century is headed this way and I just can`t figure this one out.. :hmmm:

I want everyone to be safe and out of harms way but I must me missing something is all.....:hmmm: :thinking

Maybe they reversed the numbering system and category 1 is the worst and category 5 is a sleeper...I dunno...

Reflectiveauto
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Up here in Wa.st they are calling a "FrankinStorm" ...supposed to be very bad.

BobbyG
10-26-2012, 12:54 PM

Yup, I saw that...Maybe they know something and aren`t sharing....:(

tropicsteve
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
i think the biggest problem is that the hurricane is going to collide and merge into an artic front that is also approaching, making it a very slow moving, destructive, "perfect storm".

Reflectiveauto
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
i think the biggest problem is that the hurricane is going to collide and merge into an artic front that is also approaching, making it a very slow moving, destructive, "perfect storm".

Yes that is what they are saying...

dd1101
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Yea I am gonna get snow on Tuesday.... Dear Florida, I miss you :(

Todd@RUPES
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Well things are getting serious on this one here on the East Coast. The storm has an anticipated landfall from NC to DC with a anticipated direct hit at Rehobeth Beach, Delaware as a Cat 1.

Everyone is freaking out and calling it the worse storm since 1962 here.

Not gonna be a good one :(:(:(

This looks bad, I hope everybody is going to be safe.

rurocking
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Here is a good explanation (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57540819/hurricane-sandy-forces-east-coast-to-brace-for-hit/) of what will possibly happen that makes this so severe.

Gurge
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I live inshore quite a bit. but long island is anticipating some bad flooding from storm surge, on the NE side of the storm, with the full moon tides

Old Pirate
10-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Play safe and stock up because you never know what can happen. Take care to all on the east coast.

Trouble
10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
yeah been watching the updates from WA.st. they are calling it the "FrankenStorm" up here...I hope you have Sealant on your car...good luck.

Yup, I saw that...Maybe they know something and aren`t sharing....:(

They`re calling it a Frankinstorm because it is due to arrive on Halloween :spooky:

Play safe and stock up because you never know what can happen. Take care to all on the east coast.

What Angelo said ^ :bigups

Pat,

Don`t let anything happen to my Nova II and thanks for taking the time to send me the coupon :rockon

PA DETAILER
10-27-2012, 05:21 AM
on its way to PA. just got the daily paper in. headline reads..."GOV DECLARES EMERGENCY" mind you, not a state of emergency yet, but that could change monday or tuesday as i have heard we are in a direct path. :eek:

guess its a wait and see.....

BobbyG
10-27-2012, 06:10 AM
No that`s OK. You keep this storm all to yourself in PA and it`s OK not to share......:lol2:

As the weekend progresses I`m sure we`ll fine out a whole lot more...Be Safe...:bigups